Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween 2010

We had a lot of fun celebrating Halloween this year! Both Friday and Saturday nights we attended parties where costumes were encouraged. Since I'd gotten Joel's dinosaur costume a couple months ago, we looked for something that we could be as a family. This is what we came up with:

It was fun dressing up, and we won the costume contest both nights! Today we carved our pumpkin, which Joel did not enjoy. As soon as the insides of the pumpkin started coming out, Joel started crying and saying shy. Apparently he was scared of the pumpkin insides. He was also running on no nap, so that could have been part of it. Thankfully he enjoyed the rest of the day a lot more.

We stopped by my brother-in-laws first.

Then we went to my parents for a little trick-or-treating. We only went to about three houses since my parent's neighborhood is pretty spread out, and we weren't too keen on the idea of lots of candy. Joel definitely figured out that these treats in his pumpkin were something good and kept asking for a bite. We compromised with some sm@rties. :)

Joel stopped to play in the leaves along the way.

Happy Halloween, everyone!

27 comments:

Colleen said...

well it's no surprise you guys won the contest at both parties! you really do look amazing!
and those shots of your little dino rolling in the leaves are so stinkin' cute! :)

sue said...

your costumes are awesome! i'm not surprised that you won both nights either!
it's so cute that joel didn't like the pumpkin guts! i don't blame him. yuk.
those last few photos of joel rolling in the leaves are adorable!!!

Grace said...

those costumes are fantastic! so fun! and i love you centered it around joel's costume :)
and, as i just said on janet's post, i agree with joel...pumpkin guts are yucky!

Kris said...

I seriously LOVE your costumes!! So clever to come up with the flintstones to go with this dino costume!! Happy Halloween!!

By the way, your pictures are beautiful.

Annie B said...

Joel is so cute! Funny about the "scary" pumpkin insides! I love that you guys dressed up too...we sat out on this one.

Kimberly and Ed said...

Love your costumes and that you won the prize for best costume at both parties! Joel is such a cute dinosaur:-)
Happy Halloween!

JoJo said...

What a great idea to go with Joel's...brava!
Joel is so cute in his costume! I'm glad he got rewarded with some *gasp* candy :)

Christy said...

So cute. Love your Flintstone idea! :)

Amy said...

I love your costumes! Ya'll look great!! And that little dinosaur is just adorable!! :)

CJ said...

The costumes are great! Glad to see you all had a wonderful Halloween.

Cori said...

These are really great pictures. Joel is such a photogenic child. I love the leaves series.

Kelly said...

What fun!! That was a great family dress-up idea! That is definitely the cutest dinosaur I have ever seen!!

Bekah said...

Such an adorable family! I LOVE the shots of Joel in the leaves. I just love his smile!

Michelle said...

Great costumes! Joel looks absolutely adorable. Love the picture of him at the door. So cute!

BrandiB said...

that picture of Joel rolling in the leaves is so cute!!! And great costumes!

Kortney said...

You guys make such a cute family. I love the dino theme. I gotta say though that the pictures of Joel playing in the leaves are just precious. He has such childlike enthusiasm and joy.

Sue said...

that is one cute dino in the leaves!!
PERFECT costumes...and a beautiful family shot!!

Kelly said...

What a cute dinosaur - and you guys as the Flintstones?! You totally rock! Love the shots of J in costume in the pile of leaves.

Kristen said...

your costumes were great - what a great idea!

up until this year neither one of my sons wanted anything to do w/the insides of a pumpkin and even this year had enough after a few handfuls.

Elizabeth Frick said...

Oh, my goodness, he is the cutest!
And I love the family costume - no wonder you won!
Joel, buddy, I'm with ya on the pumpkin guts. They totally stress me out too.

Kala said...

These pictures are precious. Nice custome ideas!!!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

How cute is your little dinosaur!? I LOVE IT!!! What an awesome costume. And speaking of awesome costumes... yours rock too. Brilliant! And not surprising that you won!

S recently figured out candy too... so this has been, well, interesting. :-)

kelly said...

Joel as a dinosaur is over the top cute! I can't stand it! I love the photo where he is knocking on your BIL's to trick or treat you can see his awesome triceratops shadow on the door :) Love him rolling in the leaves - these are such good shots! And, like I said on FB, I LOVE that you and Travis dressed up as the Flintstones. You guys look so good!

Kara said...

So cute!!! You guys looked awesome. I love the leaf pics!

Krista said...

Ohhh!! I love the family costume! And little Dino... so sweet!

Janet said...

The family costume idea is FANTASTIC! No wonder you won BOTH nights!! I love the shot where he is opening/knocking on your BIL's door...the lighting is perfect and his shadow (w/ his horns)...priceless!

IP Journey said...

What adorable and fun costumes! I love the Flintstones family costume theme. And can I say the photos of Joel in the leaves is super cute!