Last Sunday, six of my Seoul Sisters ran in the Chicago Marathon, and I had the privilege of being there to see them. My Seoul Sisters also have kiddos from Korea, and most I met through the blog world. I know I've said before how grateful I am for these friendships, but it doesn't hurt to say it again! These women are awesome, and I still get teary as I think about their accomplishment. 26.2 miles, 80+ degree weather, months of training, pulled muscles and injuries, blisters, sweat and tears, and determination made me love these women even more.
Kris took a quick break to stretch and we got a great picture. She doesn't look like she's been running for 13 miles!
There's Sue!

13 comments:
How wonderful that you and Joanna were there to support your Seoul Sisters and "yeah" to you for wanting to do it in 2012!
So glad we could watch it together. Joel was a real trooper! I was talking about him for days :)
If you decide to run in 2012, I'll be there to cheer you on too!
Thank you SO MUCH for coming out to cheer us on, Christine!! You have no idea how much that means to us. Joel is such a trooper! What an easy going kid, he does deserve a medal.
And if you run in 2012, I will fly back to run with you. I'm totally serious.
OK, I'm totally in awe of Joel right now... that is *amazing!* And that photo of you two is seriously one of my faves...
If you run in 2012, I'll work really hard to be on the sidelines cheering *you* on!
Oooh, I LOVE that these gals have inspired you to run the marathon! Awesome. And I know it meant so much to them to have you cheering them on - they'll reciprocate, I'm sure!
i had a HUGE grin on my face while i read this. especially the part where 2012 is mentioned!!! yippee! i know you can do it!!!
thank you again for being our cheering section!!! you guys are awesome! i love that last photo of Joel! he's still smiling!!!!
Awesome! I ran a 26.2 as I waited for Parker's TC...this year I did a 13.1 and there he was holding a sign for Mommy, so touching. Awesome job ladies!!!
You should definitely try a marathon. I did my first triathlon this year, as a fundraiser. It didn't bring in much money for our adoption, but I really enjoyed doing it!
What sweet friendships you have with these "sisters".
I love the Seoul sisterhood!!! Of course I completely forgot to wear my t-shirt on 10-10-10 but I was with you guys in spirit. Let me clarify - I was with the *cheerleaders* in spirit because I have no idea how our awesome friends can run 26.2 miles! But it sounds like you *might* find out yourself next year ... yay!!!
i've loved reading all these posts about the marathon...so amazing that you were all there to support each other.
and, wow! joel IS amazing!
It really is so wonderful that you and Joanna were there for your girls! And what a trooper Joel is! He looks so darn sweet in that photo holding his little "fighting" sign. Love it!
And how awesome that you are thinking about 2012! You can do it!!!!
I love the photo of you and Joel! He has such a sweet smile! I know you can do it in 2012!!!!
Thanks so much for being there! And go Joel!!!
Post a Comment