Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Perfect "Gumpin"

We set off in search of the perfect pumpkin for Joel.

We found some that looked pretty good,

but none that were just right.

This one was too green,

and this one was too yucky.

This one was too heavy,

and this one was too...something.

This one was just fun to play with,

but this one was just perfect!

24 comments:

Cori said...

These pictures are awesome. I LOVE the last one of Joel. Seriously frame worthy. His smile is killer.

CJ said...

Great pictures! He is absolutely ADORABLE!!!!!!

Kimberly and Ed said...

I love the last photo of Joel with his perfect "gumpin"!!!

Jenny said...

LOVE that last picture!

kelly said...

I agree with Cori - that last one MUST be put in a frame. That smile! It really does look like the *perfect* pumpkin and it looks like the hunt to find it was pretty fun too! Great photos, Christine.

Amy said...

Love, love, love that last picture!! Could he seriously be any cuter?

Anonymous said...

I love all of the pictures (and your commentary!). That last picture definitely needs to be blown up and put in a frame. How adorable!

IP Journey said...

Oh my goodness! What a great smile there at the end! I'm glad he found is perfect pumpkin!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

I cannot get enough of this boy. Ever! And that last picture?! Oh. My Word. I'm breathless it's so beautiful

Grace said...

how fun! i love all these pumpkin patch posts are so sweet. joel is adorable and so photogentic! that last picture is so precious!

Elizabeth Frick said...

You need to make this into a little kids' story book. I love it! He's like the Goldilocks of pumpkins. And the last shot? Awesome!

Janet said...

Tee-hee, Joel...that does look like the perfect gumpin, indeed. You were pretty patient to look & look...and you finally found it. Phew! Buddy, I know I've said it before...but I'll say it again...your smile is simply THE BEST. Makes me smile every time. I bet your mama has a hard time keeping a straight face around you. That has to work to your advantage...doesn't it?!

Michelle said...

aaaaw, such a cute post!! Love it! He is so adorable and I'm so glad he found 'his' perfect gumpin.

sue said...

ahhh! i love ALL of these photos! so so cute. you can tell he is so tickled by his perfect pumpkin!

JoJo said...

great pics...great captions
Joel has the best smile!

Jessica J said...

Joel's happy little face always makes me smile. Great pictures!

Sandra said...

Gorgeous boy, gorgeous pictures!!!

Kelly said...

What a joyful life your son has. These pictures are great. So sweet to watch all the "firsts".

Kortney said...

I'm a new follower (we're adopting from Korea, too) and just wanted to say hi. Your son is so cute, and I loved your photos.
heartsandseoul.com

Krista said...

Look at the joy in Joel's face!! So many choices...

Kala said...

I love his smile. The pictures are post are great!

Colleen said...

Oh, that last photo is just beyond adorable! Looks like a fun day at the pumpkin patch! :)

emily said...

that last photo... ADORABLE.
what a fun post.
now, on to the CARVING!

Kris said...

This post is so cute and clever...one of my favorites!! Your pictures are seriously beautiful!