Friday, October 1, 2010

Apples, Tractors, and Ponies

I have been loving this fall weather lately! It puts me in the mood for apple picking, pumpkins, hot cider, and bonfires. We've been trying to enjoy the outdoors as much as possible, so we recently headed to a local orchard where we planned to pick some apples. As it turned out, there weren't really any good apples left on the trees, so we just pretended and took some pictures anyway.


Since the apple picking was kind of a bust, we went to a nearby historical farm that was having a fall festival. We soon realized we should have gone here in the first place! Joel had so much fun. He was in tractor-train-machine heaven.


They also had a little petting zoo where we gave a beautiful brown calf lots of love. (I'd have one of these sweet animals as a pet if I could get away with it!) And Joel got to experience his first pony ride! You know, besides the ones on Sandy the horse at the grocery store. I think I was more excited than he was. :)


We also enjoyed a fun hay wagon ride and some delicious popcorn. The next fall activity on our list is visiting a pumpkin patch. Or maybe we'll give the apple picking another try!

26 comments:

Kelly said...

These pictures are so cute...I love the one of Joel running across the bridge. And I don't know how I missed your post before on your news!....How wonderful!! Loved how you posted it with Joel's shirt. Where are you adopting from?

Cori said...

This looks so fun. Where was the farm?

Jenny said...

Joel definitely had a great time with the tractors and trains!!!! That brown calf is SO cute... And the last picture is TOTALLY frame-able...

Kimberly and Ed said...

Love all the photos and that sweater is adorable on Joel! What a fun outing. I agree with Jenny that the last photo is precious of Joel and daddy.

Sandra said...

These are such awesome pictures!

And I am in love with that calf! How adorable. I want one!

Grace said...

how fun! and i LOVE joel's outfit...very cute :) how sweet is that little brown cow?

Kari said...

These are great pictures and what a cutie he is! Such a great time of year!

IP Journey said...

Looks like so much fun! Which orchard did you guys go to? I noticed the model train...a fav with my boys!

Amy said...

That looks like such a fun place! I love the look on Joel's face on the tractors. You can tell he loved it!!

Colleen said...

Well, despite apple picking being a bust, it sure looks like this was a great day! You got some really great photos of your adorable boy too. :)
And that brown calf...Awwwwww! I just want to hug him!

Kris said...

Your photos are so beautiful! That last one is so sweet - definitely frame that one! And that cow, awwwww! I want one too. Maybe you and I can buy some land and keep a calf and goats there as our pets.

Elizabeth Frick said...

SO fun! I love how you fake apple-picked :)
My FAVORITE shot is Joel driving the tractor!!! (the first one) the look of glee is awesome.

BrandiB said...

All of those pictures are soo cute!!

Min said...

What a perfect fall! I love to pick apples this time of year. :)

kelly said...

Ya know what? Your photos are making me happy it's fall and (as you may know) that is no easy feat :) These photos are fabulous! I think some of them should definitely be framed. Joel looks absolutely adorable and it looks like it was a ton of fun! OK, we need to get ourselves to some fall festival fun stat!

Anonymous said...

That historical farm looks like a great find! What a perfect place for a little boy!

JoJo said...

Great photos! What a fun fall day and you all look like you are having a ball.

Kala said...

He looks like he had so much fun. I want to go just looking at the pictures :)

Patti and Rick said...

Oh my - Joel is so wonderful! Christine, I love the pictures you take. You do such a great job and Joel is always so happy. It looks like you had such a fun time. I wish I could just grab him and give him the biggest hug ever.

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

Christine, these photos are fabulous! I love so many of them, but the photo of the calf actually made me gasp with delight... and the last one needs to be blown up and framed! :-)

Krista said...

Those are great! I love them all - even the cute little calf. Fun times!

Kara said...

I love those pictures. What a fun day! You'll have to tell me where all of those tractors were. My boys would love that too!

sue said...

ok. as a fellow cow lover, i have to mention the calf first. OMG. so cute! i want it! i can just imagine the way its little wet nose and tongue felt!

and now i can talk about Joel since i got my calf fawning out of the way. these photos of Joel are adorable! i cracked up that you pretended to pick apples! and clearly Joel is all boy with his love of tractors and trains! it really looks like a perfect, fun, fall day!

Kristen said...

great pics - i heart fall!

Janet said...

Man...those tractors look FUN, Joel. Little D wants to come check them out too now.

I also LOVE that little calf. Sweet. Cute!

I also love the shot of Joel running across the bridge. Fun! Great family outing...even if the apples were already gone.

Michelle said...

Love, love, LOVE these photos! So cute!! What a fun day for Joel.