Friday, August 27, 2010

Park Playdate

One day this week we met up with our friends B and A at a park halfway between us. B and I found each other's blogs a little over a year ago and discovered that we were using the same agencies to bring our boys home. Then, B was kind enough to invite me to The Great Bloggy Friend Get-Together of 2010, and I give her credit for some of the friendships I've made.

The day we picked was absolutely gorgeous and the park was beautiful as well! Lots of walking paths, pretty flowers, and playgrounds. Anyway, since Joel and A are seven months apart there wasn't a whole lot of playing together going on. Joel was also on the run from one thing to the next, while A happily played in the sand for minutes at a time (which I secretly envied). But, it was still fun to see these two buddies together! First we stopped at the playground.


Then, we hit the splash pad! Both boys had a blast here, for about the first twenty minutes anyway. :)


By now it was lunchtime, so after some driving around we ended up at Wendy's and B and I enjoyed more conversation while the boys played with Joel's train and car. (Joel very reluctantly and unhappily shared them with A--we're working on it!) This is one of the many friendships I've made through this blog, and it still amazes me how blessed I am to have this community of people. Thanks for a fun day, B and A!

20 comments:

Elizabeth Frick said...

So fun!

Megan said...

They are both adorable, looks like a great day!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

I love when bloggy friends become real life friends to boot... but I net you already knew that! ;-) I LOVE seeing these two guys together, and it looks like everyone had a blast!

(I would also be very jealous of A sitting and playing in the sand BTW...)

sue said...

you know i love this post! A and J are so cute! glad you had such a wonderful time - but really who wouldn't have a good time with you or B!

Colleen said...

The boys are just so cute together and it is wonderful to make friends thru the bloggy world. :)
And once again, I sooo wish there was a splash pad in my area!

JoJo said...

what a fun day! I like that they are both wearing 'beach' clothes.
I owe a lot to B too for helping start a lot of these friendships.

Kimberly and Ed said...

It is wonderful to meet bloggy friends in real life - so glad that you and B have become real life friends and can go on fun playdates:-) Love all the photos of the boys!

Grace said...

how fun! i wish i could meet all my bloggy friends in real life!

IP Journey said...

Looks like you guys and the boys had a lot of fun...great photos! If there is ever a Bloggy Friend Get Together for 2011...please oh please invite me! yes, i'm begging! =)

Sandra said...

Those are some great pictures. Looks like the boys had fun.

Jenny said...

FUN! i LOVE this community of people!

Anonymous said...

How fun! J and A are so cute together (and that park looks awesome!). I think it's wonderful that you've been able to meet so many bloggy friends in real life!

Jessica J said...

Looks like wonderful day!. Both boys are so very cute.

kelly said...

I wish I lived that close to B! And to you guys, too! So nice that you have each other and can get together. A and J are just so cute together - I can imagine there wasn't a WHOLE lot of interaction given their age difference right now but that age difference will seem very small some day and then they'll be good friends!

Rach@In His Hands said...

Very fun day!!

Bekah said...

We had SO much fun! I can't wait until next Summer when the boys can interact a little more with each other. Joel did such a great job sharing his toys with A! I'm so very lucky to have such good friends like you!

Patti and Rick said...

I love Joel's smile! It looks like you guys had so much fun.

Kristen said...

what a great playdate - its awesome when bloggy friends become IRL friends.

Kara said...

How fun! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Kris said...

Looks like a blast!! Thank heavens for B - she brought us all together.