Poor Joel got his very first black eye last night. He had a little run-in with the coffee table and fell right onto the bottom shelf. I felt so bad for him! He cried for a long time, and it was even bleeding a little. Just enough to freak me out, of course. We tried to put ice on it, but he hated that and kept crying, "No!" We happened to have our family over at the time, and they had lots of advice for the situation. My favorite was what my dad had to say. He told Joel (in a very stern voice) that he shouldn't run in the house anymore. Right, Papa. Like that will happen!
His eye is looking better and better, although still obviously injured. It doesn't seem to bother him, thankfully. We felt so helpless when he got hurt...hopefully he is injury free for awhile!

22 comments:
oh no!!!
i'm glad he doesn't seem to be bothered by it now, but that picture is SO sad. :(
poor joel!
and, yeah, right? no running?! :)
Poor Joel :(
There seems to be a sudden rash of eye injuries with all these little Koreans lately! Seth, Ingrid, Joel... eek!
Ohhh...poor Joel! I hope his eye heals fast!
aw! poor guy!!!
Boys...they are so tough! I hope he heals quickly.
Poor little fellow!!! That picture just breaks my heart and I know it does yours. Hope he is better very soon!
Oh, poor Joel! Black eyes are no fun at all. Hope he's all better very soon.
Ohh no... Poor Joel! I hope is heals quickly.
Ouch! that looks painful, little guy :( i'm glad he isn't letting it bother him too much.
Oh, dear...poor little guy.
Little D HATES ice on his bumps/owies too.
Oh poor little guy! Christine...I just found your blog!!!! =)
Poor little guy :( It does make him look tough though.
oh, poor little guy! he is really banged up. i'm thinking that running in the house isn't going to stop anytime soon either!
Poor Joel!!! That looks so painful!
Spencer hates ice on his "boo boos" too. But he *loves* the el*mo ice pack. You can find it at T@rget near the band-aids. I like it for those times when *I* feel better about the injury being iced... if you know what I mean. Maybe Joel needs one? We let Spencer play with it randomly here and there prior to using it as an ice pack (didn't want it to be associated with trauma) Now Spencer will ask for it!
And no more running?! Ha! That's just as funny as me "staying off my feet"...
oh no! Poor Joel. :( It is so scary when our little ones get injured. I hope he heals up quickly!
Poor Joel!
I would have been freaking out too.
Major frown :( Poor little guy.
First of many ouchies to come I am sure. Kids are tough and bounce right back. We hope they learn from the injuries. But some times it takes a few. Glad he is getting better.
I have noticed a number of black eyes among the Korean crew lately too!!!
Hi! I have been trying to connect with some other Korean adoption families. Our dossier was sent yesterday!! I saw a few posts back that you got together with other families. Is there a yahoo group or anything like that?
Your son is adorable even with his black and blue eye! And I love that you call him "your answer to prayer". Children are indeed a blessing!!!
Oh Joel, you poor thing!! I bet this hurt you, Christine, even more than it hurt Joel. Growing up my brother got SO MANY black eyes just ... well, being a boy. This probably won't be the last for Joel and I'm sure Max will have his first one soon. But it is still so sad to look at them and see this injury! Feel better, Joel ...
Yikes!! That is a pretty big shiner. He looks tough though. No one is going to mess with him! I hope it heals soon.
Oh! Poor little guy! I'm sure as bad as it was for him it was twice as bad for you. :( I still remember Noah's first black eye. He was standing on Glenn's lap at his desk and slipped and hit his eye on the edge. It was awful.....and of course the night before our very first ever music class. Nice first impression, huh?
Post a Comment