Monday, August 16, 2010

Korean Festival

This weekend we headed into Chicago for the Korean Festival. This was our second year attending, and it was fun to reminisce about last year (you can read last year's post here). Joel had just come home, and spent the time in the Beco, content as could be. This year, he was up and running and not sitting still for long! We met a few families there this time, which was great. We even met a new family whose son has the same birthday as Joel! Pretty neat. Kara, the organizer of our meeting, had the great idea to take a picture of the kids first, before they got too cranky and tired. Here was the result:


After the picture taking, we walked for a bit down the street. The festival was just getting started, and there wasn't a whole lot going on at that point. The performances didn't start until two, and we had to leave before that for a birthday party. We decided to have lunch with two other families before we left. We all enjoyed our bulgogi, bibimbap, and jap chae. Yum! I could eat Korean food every day.


Although our time there was short, we enjoyed talking with our friends and experiencing a part of the Korean culture here in Chicago with Joel.

22 comments:

Kelly said...

Thanks for the Yahoo group idea. I do think I will try that. Looks like a great festival.

Kris said...

Oh how I wish we could have joined you all! Glad you had a good time with everyone. I love seeing the little ones together!

Grace said...

this looks like so much fun! love the pics of all the kids!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

This is great!!! I love it. (And I love seeing Joel with his buds!)

sue said...

i'm sad to have missed it! it looks like a great time. and kudos to Kara for suggestion a picture at the beginning of your time together!

Kari said...

This looks like SO much fun! The picture of all the kids is adorable!

Elizabeth Frick said...

We had high aspirations of making it to the festival this year, but Ingrid hasn't been home long enough for us to consider a trip. Glad you enjoyed some yummy food and good friends!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry we missed it! Those pictures of all of the kids are great. It's not easy to get 6 little ones to stick together for a picture!

Colleen said...

How fun to have a Korean Festival so close by! And glad you got to share it with friends. :)

JimandJackie said...

I hope we can attend next year! The kids look darling!

Mikelle Jade said...

Ohhhh I wish I could go to a Korea Festival! Looks like you had fun :)

Birdie said...

It's fun to see your pictures. I like the third one where it looks like Joel is cheering! And the first one with Joel's hand on Jee's shoulder - it looks like he is giving him some sage advice :)

I can't beleive how fresh you guys look in your family photo - I was sweating it up! Fun day!

Sandra said...

The kiddos are just too cute.

Kara said...

Yeah!!! I can read your blog. We had a great time with you guys too. and I agree about Korean food!

Christy said...

Hurray! Looks like fun. Love the pictures of the kids. :)

kelly said...

I love all these photos - especially the family shot at the end. That one is GREAT! And all those kiddoes are just too adorable. I think I recognize most of them :)

I also liked clicking back to your post from last year and seeing "little" Joel in his yoga pose. I forgot he was so little when he came home! I also note that I was the first to comment on that post :) I've been following your blog for well over a year now and I've so enjoyed every minute of it!

Kimberly and Ed said...

Love all the photos of the kids! What a fun family day with friends:-)

Rach@In His Hands said...

Fantastic day! All the kiddos look cute lined up together.

Kala said...

Love the shots of all the kids. The family picture is great!

Patti and Rick said...

Looks like a great time!

Kristen said...

I'm so disappointed Andy was sick and we couldn't be there. We didn't get to go last year either. Hopefully next year will be the year b/c I can never get enough bimbap.

JoJo said...

I love all those pics of the kids. The brick wall was kind of cool actually. And, ahem, you can thank me once again for getting a great family shot of you guys!