Wednesday, January 20, 2010

New Friends

This past weekend, one of my bloggy friends invited some of her closest blogging buddies to meet in Chicago. We had a fabulous time! Nine girls, lots of wine, a yummy dinner, talking until 4:30AM, laughter, tears, celebrating referrals...it was perfect! On Sunday, we all met with some of our families at the Shedd Aquarium. Travis and I kept saying all day how much fun we had and how great it was to be with so many other families that adopted from Korea (or are in the process). Joel had so much fun, too! He loved meeting the other boys and playing with them. He LOVED the fish, too. He was all over the place, pointing, laughing, and smiling at the fish.



When I started this blog, I never thought I would make so many great friends through it. It is so comforting to talk with other women who understand adoption and being an adoptive parent. Thank you, ladies, for all of your support and for a wonderful weekend!

16 comments:

Annie B said...

Christine, I had a fabulous weekend too! It was great to meet you and your family (in person).

sue said...

i loved it, too! each time i think about all the little black headed boys playing together, i smile!

kelly said...

Me three! It was such a wonderful experience. Knowing you in real life now makes following your blog and your adventures with Joel even more fun! Joel is an adorable, sweet little guy and I'm so glad I got to meet him (and Travis, of course, too :) Can't wait for the next one....

JoJo said...

It was so great to meet you, Travis and Joel! I can't wait for our next get-together.

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

YIPPPEEE for a fun GBGT!!! (I'm tired of saying I'm jealous... but I am!)

Cori said...

It was so fun to finally meet you. We will have to get together again soon. Seth seemed to really take to Joel at the end. He doesn't blow kisses at just anyone, you know. :)

Bekah said...

It was so wonderful to meet you in person! You're such a sweetheart. It was also fantastic to meet Joel & Travis on Sunday. I'm so happy that they enjoyed themselves too. I can't wait to get our boys together for some play dates!

Kris said...

It was so great to meet you and your family! Let's get together soon.

Rach@In His Hands said...

Yes, it definitely WAS wonderful!! Like Kelly said, meeting you and your family has made "following" your blog even more fun!

Sunnymama said...

Wow that sounds so fun! I think you need to add some Korean girls to that mix, like Lennox! :)

Summer and Stuart said...

woah... that's a lot of little boys! :)
looks like you guys had a great time! joel is getting so big and what a cutie!!

thanks for all of the wonderful postings, as always! i'm trying to get motivated to revamp my own blog-look and start posting some new stuff!... uh, "trying" being the key word ;)

Kelly said...

Sounds like so much fun!

Kara said...

That weekend looked like so much fun. I'm glad some of you were able to get together, and I admit I'm a little jealous too! LOVE all the pictures of the boys together. How did you all handle so much cuteness in one place?

Tracy said...

I am jealous of all you ladies... so glad you are there supporting one another. Good friends are hard to find. Looks like you all had a blast.

Krista said...

Blogging friends are the best!

Krista said...

Like Christine - I'm quite jealous too :)