-No more crawling here! Joel is walking 99 percent of the time now. On Christmas he figured out to stand on his own, and he never looked back. It's so fun to watch him toddle around.
-Joel loves music and dancing. I dance with him around the living room, and he loves it! He is also starting to dance by himself (as in, move his head back and forth and bounce up and down) when I say the word dance.
-Joel's favorite game is "Mama's gonna get you!" I chase Joel down the hallway and he screechs and laughs and tries to run. He will also start this game by walking down the hallway and then turning his head around to look at me, as if to say, come on mama!
-Joel is eating like a champ! As in, he very very rarely turns away food or indicates that he is full. He can eat an entire sandwich and piece of fruit at one sitting, or very large helpings of casseroles. We are thankful that he is a good eater!
-Sleep is going great at night (and yes, I know I'm taking a risk by saying that!). We moved his bedtime fifteen minutes earlier. We also started turning the lights way down and listening to relaxing music a half hour before bed as part of his routine. I don't know if these two things are what has made the difference, but he is sleeping 11-12 hours straight again. It sure makes a difference for all of us!
-We have enjoyed some fun playdates with new and old friends, and will be starting a lapsit (ha!) storytime at the library.

12 comments:
Happy 14 months Joel! What a great update! Wow...11 to 12 hours of sleep...awesome! I'm praying that Atticus is a good sleeper (please oh please!). I really like the idea of listening to relaxing music & turning the lights down before bedtime. That's a great idea.
Such cute pictures (love the outfit)!
I can't believe you guys have been home for 6 months with Joel! Wow!
Happy 14 months, Joel! I can't wait to meet you!
Happy 14 months Joel!! He's doing so great! (I can't believe how much he eats... wow... we get 1/4 of a sandwich into Spencer and call it a success!)
And what a wonderful milestone being with you longer than with anyone else... love that.
happy 14 months Joel! and yay!!! for him being with you longer than anyone else!!!
that boy has a contagious smile!
Love all the milestones and the updates. Yahoo for good sleep! My favorite, though, is the "mama's gonna get you" game. Too cute.
Happy 14 months! It sounds like he is doing so great. He is such a cutie. He does look like he is a good eater - he looks solid! That is so exciting that you reaching the milestone of him being with you longer than he was with anyone else. That's a good feeling. That milestone for us is next month.
Happy 14 months, Joel! Great list. It's so fun to read/see about the milestones and development!
Joel, you're doing great buddy! Good eater, good sleeper - yay! I mean 11-12 hours per night? That is awesome. May we all be that lucky. And you are super cute to boot (yes, I'm a poet :)
Fantastic update! Cute pictures!
I agree...it is so fun to see little ones toddling around. "Gonna Get You" is HUGE around here too. I love hearing the belly laughs. Happy 14 Mos Joel!
So cute!! I love these pics and the update.
Since our kids are so close in age, it's so fun to see that they do similar things. They are going to have a ball together.
Happy 14 months! So glad things are going great! He is sucha sweetie!
Joel is adorable! It sounds like he keeps you hopping!!
Post a Comment