Sunday, December 12, 2010

Cookies and Cocoa

Last week we spent the day with our friends for a baking and craft day to celebrate Christmas! Joel and I had so much fun. It was the perfect way to spend a December day. The boys looked so cute in their aprons made by Sue.


Before we started the actual baking, we had a chat with our friends Christine and Spencer. It was so fun to include them on our day even though they live so far away.


Sue and I had some help with cutting the cookies out and putting them on the cookie sheet. Our little helpers also helped eat the extra little pieces of dough. Really, who could blame them? Cookie dough is the best.


Frosting the cookies was an interesting experience in itself. The icing turned out pink and light light green because of the all natural food coloring. And, being the expert frosting maker that I am, we used ziploc baggies to put the icing in and it kept leaking all over. While Sue and I were trying to frost quickly, the boys were picking up multiple cookies and taking a bite from each one. We left about a third of the cookies unfrosted because we were just done with the mess. They still tasted good, though!

Then, we all enjoyed some yummy hot cocoa. This was Joel's first time having his very own cup of cocoa. He was so happy and kept smiling as he drank his hot cocoa. Cohen loved it, too.

Baking cookies is one of my favorite Christmas activities, and it was so special to share this with good friends!

14 comments:

Elizabeth Frick said...

What a *FUN* day!!! I hear ya... decorating cookies may be fun, but it is not an easy task for the mamas! Nor is it neat and tidy :)

sue said...

big smiles over here! i loved reading about out day and seeing the adorable shots of our boys! we can't wait to see you guys again. i'm so happy that cohen is really learning his little friends' names! it's so cute to hear him ask about them later and to talk about them. he loves "djol" :).

JoJo said...

I'm so sorry we missed it! But looks like you guys had fun and the cookies were tasty!
I love seeing the 2 boys together. Too funny to see Christine's head in the back ground :)

Sandra said...

So much cuteness, I can't stand it! And I think I may have to order one of those aprons.

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

I. Love. This. Post. SOOOOO much!!! And it was so great to chat with you gals (and boys!)

Wow, looks like fun! But, very relieved to hear that I'm not the only one who has baking experiences like these!

I must get my child on this cocoa train everyone is talking about.

IP Journey said...

Looks so fun! Adorable aprons and adorable boys!

Colleen said...

how fun!!! i love seeing the boys together...especially in their adorable aprons! i love Christine's head in the background on the computer and also Sage's head popping out from under the table. and those cookies looked good!

Krista said...

What adorable little bakers! And Sage trying to sneak a bit... what a typical pooch :)

kelly said...

Oh my goodness, how fun is this?! Oh these two boys are just the cutest! I just love every single shot of them in their little aprons. Sigh. I'm dying over CCL's head in the background - too funny!!

BrandiB said...

How cute!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun baking playdate! Those two boys are so cute together!!

Kimberly and Ed said...

What a fun playdate - who could go wrong with cookies and hot cocoa! The boys look so cute in their aprons:-)

Kristen said...

so much fun - cookie decorating w/multiple little guys is definitely more about the experience than the finished product.

Janet said...

Well...doesn't that look SUPER FUN! I love seeing the boys in their adorable aprons. CUTE! What a good day...and hot cocoa too? In sippy cups? It doesn't get much better than that!

Fun seeing Christine on the computer screen too. YAY!