Joel has been talking up a storm lately! Most of it is unintelligible, of course, but it's very interesting to listen to! Cleary he thinks he is carrying on a conversation with us. Since speech was a concern for us, it is great to hear his vocabulary getting bigger. He says around ten words now, which is a huge step from even a month ago. He says ball, bubble, mama, dada, car, more, that, no, yeah, cracker, and sometimes blueberry when prompted, which is the cutest thing--sounds like babawee. It is so fun to hear him saying words (well, except for the word no) and we are encouraging him to say even more simple words. "No" is a very new word, and we weren't sure if he was actually saying no or just making a sound like it. Yesterday I tried to give him his sippy cup, and he said "No!" very firmly and batted the cup away. Pretty sure he understands what no means!
We were also able to record a pretty good video of his sounds.
I'm sure the day will come when I will wish for quiet from Joel, but right now I am enjoying his jabbering every moment!
15 comments:
Oh I could just kiss him! Cute!
Don't you just LOVE their cute little voices?!
So cute! I think that the firetruck is my favorite!
Joel is so cute! I love how he blows a kiss:)
Good job Joel!!
Not only are you learning...but you're oh so cute too!
That was adorable!!! I love the firetruck sound and how he ate his hand in the end for the kiss!
My husband and I just watched this and couldn't believe how cute he is! So sweet. The fire truck is my favorite :)
Oh my goodness... I can't get over his little voice! And the blowing a kiss?! That's awesome!
Good sounds, Joel! I like how nonchalant he is about making the noises. I also love his interpretation of the fire truck.
Ha! I love it. Si and I just did this tonight. It's fun to see how similar our boys are!
Sooo cute! Love it!
awww, he is so cute! i love listening to little kids talk!
i saw Travis yesterday while i was at Alison's. i thought he looked familiar, but i didn't recognize without Joel! ha!
That was just adorable! I just had Glenn watch it and he too thinks Joel is just the cutest! I love his sound for the kitten. so sweet! :)
Oh that was the cutest video! He is adorable!fu
Joel, that's really impressive! I love videos of Joel - thanks for sharing. And, like everyone else, I LOVED the fire truck sound the best :)
Post a Comment