This past weekend, our local adoption group met at the Morton Arboretum for some fun and fellowship. They have an Enchanted Railroad set up right now for the holidays, and of course the beautiful Children's Garden. We headed out Saturday morning (after an almost sleepless night--fun!) and had a great time! We were able to meet some families we hadn't met before, and the children of a mom that I'd met previously who also has a son from Korea. I wasn't quite sure how interested Joel would be in the model railroad, but he ended up being fascinated by it! It was low to the ground with a ledge so that the children could stand and look at it. Joel stood there for quite awhile, looking and pointing and trying to touch the train.
We chatted a lot, watched Joel, and braved the cold for a brief time in the Children's Garden before heading home.

Every time I go to our group's parent night or playgroup, I meet another really nice person that I'm interested in forming a friendship with. We are so fortunate to have such a wonderful group of people nearby that understand adoption and our family!
6 comments:
What a great outing! We love our botanical garden and their train display too :)
Fun! It's so wonderful to have families similar to your own nearby.
Oh...look at how cute he is all bundled up! That's so great that you were able to connect with more folks!
what a fun time! i'm glad joel enjoyed it so much!
That last photo is precious! Sounds like a fun time!
I love that you have all these other nice families to hang out with. And that last photo of Joel all bundled up like a snug little bug in a rug? Love it!
Post a Comment