Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Bears and Zebras and Giraffes

Today was Joel's first trip to the zoo! Joel and I joined my mom, her friend, and two other moms with two kids each. Five kids under the age of four made for a crazy day! Between stops at the bathroom, playground, water fountain, and gift shops, it was two hours before we saw anything more than two elephants. Joel had a lot of fun, although I think I had more fun watching him than he had watching the animals. I wanted Joel to wear his cute camoflauge hat, but he had nothing to wear that matched. So, crazy as it sounds, I bought a new outfit just for our trip to the zoo. The only way I can justify that is to tell you that it was on clearance at Old Navy and I paid less than $10 for the shorts and shirt. Anyway, here is what Joel thought of wearing his cute hat:

Once the bothersome hat was off, he enjoyed getting his feet wet with the other kids in the fountain...



He also did lots of looking curiously from his carrier and stroller...

and managed to catch a little nap, too.

We watched some gorillas play...

And Joel looked thoughtfully at a monkey and her baby.


We looked with wonder at God's beautiful creatures...


and enjoyed time with this beautiful Grandma, who is newly retired after twenty plus years of teaching. Doesn't she look nice and relaxed?

Finally, Joel got lots of "mama kisses" by the zebras.

What a fun day with my baby boy!

7 comments:

kelly said...

Fun day at the zoo! Can't believe how grown up Joel looks, seems like just yesterday I was following along on your blog during your trip to Seoul!

Anonymous said...

great pictures! i was just wondering about your family today and how things are going. your little guy is such a cutie!

i would have bought a new outfit to match the hat, too ;).

Janet said...

Wow...that looks soooo fun. Love the MAMA KISSES shot. Cute. Love the new outfit...totally justified. Everyone needs a "zoo outfit."

Jenny said...

what a fun day!!! congrats to Grandma!!! what an accomplishment! i only made it 9 weeks of classroom teaching!

Jen said...

Soooo cute! He reminds me of my Preston in every way..I think we have the same pictures of Preston that you do of Joel!

Bekah said...

What adorable pictures! Joel is such a cutie pie! I've been thinking about you guys & hoping all was well. It's great to see an update!

Summer and Stuart said...

Oh, he's so cute!!!
You guys are having so much fun together! I'm so happy for you guys!
Loooove all the pics!!!!!!!