Monday, January 23, 2012

Celebrating Seollal

We had a great time celebrating the Korean Lunar New Year both yesterday and today. For the second year in a row, we had dinner at a Korean BBQ restaurant with our friends. We always enjoy getting together and celebrating our children and their Korean heritage. It's like an extended family, and I love it.




The boys entertained themselves with trains, cars, books, and of course, chopsticks.
 


 
Yum! All you can eat meat. Too bad she's a vegetarian.
 
This little cutie just came home last month. It was amazing to look down at the end of the table and see him celebrating with us!


Noodles were slurped, traditional tteok guk soup was consumed, and my bi bim bap was practically inhaled.

 
 
After we ate, we let the boys run around a little, and then took a group photo of them. It didn't turn out too badly!



 

We had fun today coloring and wearing these cool dragon masks from Leapfrog Lane


We also put Joel in his hanbok and attempted some photos. You can see how happy he was about that.



 Sae hae bok mani badeuseyo! May you receive many blessings in the new year!

5 comments:

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

It looks like you guys had such a great holiday! I always love seeing photos of you ladies together... and the kiddos of course! (But the Mamas tend to be a rare sight) I also adore that you colored masks... and took one of my all-time favorite family photos. That. Is. Awesome. Also awesome?! That photo of Joel in his hanbok... not a fan, huh?!

Grace said...

so fun! i loved seeing all those familiar faces -- especially the littlest ones!
i'm with CCL -- that photo of joel in his hanbok is priceless! ;)

sue said...

joel. come on! hanboks are so cool!!!! hee hee! this gave me a nice little chuckle!

kelly said...

You took SUCH great photos of all those cutie patootie Seoul bros I know! It's awesome that you guys get together every new year. I LOVE that photo of Kara and the meat menu :) And I'm really glad you got a photo of the mom's!

As for that photo of Joel in his hanbok, I really really love it! It's funny that he looks annoyed and he still looks so darn adorable even if he IS giving you the stink eye :)

Patti and Rick said...

Everyone is getting so big! Looks like it was a fun time.