Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Spring in January

We've had some unusually warm weather lately around here. Today was one of the warmest--it was around 50. We've been spending as much time outside as possible, and today was no exception.

First on our agenda this morning was touring a preschool that we are interested in for the coming school year. Registration is in February, so we need to decide as soon as possible. We really loved it and were very impressed with so many things. Joel had a great time trying out all the toys, paint, play-doh, and showing off for the teachers. Our friend's son (who is also Korean) goes to this preschool, and B happened to be in the bathroom when we first came into his classroom. One of the boys pointed at Joel and said, "Look! A new B!" :)

After seeing the preschool, we headed to the park. Joel enjoyed running around and being outside, as you can clearly see.











We are definitely loving this spring-like weather! But what we are loving even more is the 3-5 inches of snow expected to arrive tomorrow. So, the next post you see from me will hopefully involve a cute little boy playing in the snow!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its been the same for us! Yesterday we were in the 60's and just last week it was 72! But today we dropped down to a freezing 30 degrees and got some crazy wind along with blowing snow. Tmw we get a yucky 19 degrees for a high with 45 mph winds ): boo! I hope you have fun in the snow! (:
God Bless~
-Kirstie Bikakis

Colleen said...

i did the same exact thing this morning! noah and i checked out 2 preschools and happy to report that the one directly (and oh so conveniently) across the street is the winner! :) time is going way too fast, don't ya think?
btw....joel is looking as cute as ever. :)

kelly said...

"There's another B!" Oh my. I should probably be offended (on behalf of my own little Korean) but that's kinda funny since it's from the mouth of babes. Oh dear. Anyway, I'm glad you liked the school and I *think* I know which B you're talking about so how great is that? Hope you enjoyed that warm weather because it sounds like you gals got some snow today!!

JoJo said...

Yay for preschool hunting! You both will love it....I promise.

Rach@In His Hands said...

We were soaking up the warm weather, too. I didn't miss the snow and cold at all!! :)

How awesome that B and Joel will {possibly} be at the same school!

Lovin' these pictures. We miss you guys!!!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

Oh man... you can feel the warmth through these photos!! I love it. And clearly, so did Joel! Look at that happy face!

I'm so happy to hear pre-school hunting is going well for you! I really need to figure out what we are going to do now that we are staying put. Sigh.

Janet said...

YAY for checking out a school! Happy boy seems to love it all...and of course the playing outside. FUN! D loves (!) school and asks for more all the time.

Grace said...

joel is just so cute! i love those adorable, expressive eyes. :) and preschool! yay! how exciting!!

Grace said...

joel is just so cute! i love those adorable, expressive eyes. :) and preschool! yay! how exciting!!