Joel did so well on the flight there! He was excited to get on the airplane, and he actually sat in his seat and played for most of the two hour flight. I think his favorite part was the treat he got to eat as we took off and landed. :)
Since we didn't get in to Charleston until later at night, we weren't able to see or do much until the next day. Of course, the first thing we did was hit the beach! Joel absolutely loved it! He had no fear in the water at all. He laughed and squealed when the waves hit him, and even when they knocked him over. He didn't even want to hold our hands in the water.
Besides having fun in the water, we also saw some creatures
dug some holes and played in the sand
drew in the sand
walked in the evening along the fishing pier and beach
and made sea creatures.
Travis' mom and stepdad's house (or Grammy's, as we referred to it) is in a perfect location. Five minutes from the beach, and ten minutes from downtown Charleston. We love downtown as well, and spent much time there, too. We enjoyed some delicious food, including a meal at our favorite restaurant Coast to celebrate our seven year anniversary. We also did some shopping at the market and played in the fountains.
The pineapple fountain photo is a tradition for our trips there. We frame one and leave it at the house for Travis' parents. Here are the photos from this year and 2007. And yes, that's about the best we could get this time!

Not only did we celebrate our seven year anniversary, we also celebrated Father's Day while we were there. Even though I was sad to miss out on seeing my Dad for that special day, it was great to be on vacation and spend the whole day together as a family. We also had some cake at night for Travis and Trevor.
Another post is coming--I just couldn't cram any more into this one!

7 comments:
We love Charleston!! We went there on our honeymoon and have been back a couple of times since. Joel looks like he had a blast at the beach! I cannot believe how big he is getting!
christine! i can see why you were sad to leave! it looks like a wonderful time. i love all the photos of joel on the beach. we loved the hyman's seafood restaurant last time we were there. charleston is such a beautiful place to visit, with so many things to do. i'm sure you'll be having lots of future vacations to SC!
This place looks amazing! I cannot get over those shots of Joel in the big waves! That's awesome! I also love the photo in front of the pineapple... and the meaning behind it! (I'm so jealous that Joel sat and played on the airplane... wow!)
Happy Anniversary! What a great way to celebrate. I'm sure you're already planning next year's trip.
what fun!!! it looks like joel really took to being at the beach! we are going to hilton head in july and hope cb has the same gleeful reaction! and we hope to visit charleston while we're there, too!
Joel is such a good little traveler! Seeing him having so much fun in the ocean and on the beach makes me wish we had a beach vacation planned. (We might go up to the northshore this summer yet, we'll see.) What a perfect spot for a family vacation. I can see why it was so special for you to bring Joel there with you. And...all the worrying you did...I'm exactly the same way. I figure if I plan for the worst (and worry about it), maybe I'll be suprised by how well it goes. YAY!
Catching up on your blog and I love all your photos of the beach fun. You weren't kidding- Joel does not look afraid of those waves at all! It looks like Charlestown was a super fun vacation. I've been there once and thought it was a really neat town. Happy Anniversary to you guys a little belated!
PS - I'm sure people say this all the time but I love that Travis and Trevor both married a Christine :) Too funny. Are they twins, btw?
Post a Comment