Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Pool

Yesterday was our first trip to the pool this summer! The first of many, I'm sure, since we have passes, lots of friends with passes, and it's a five minute drive from our house. I thought that Joel would really enjoy it, since he loves to play and splash in any kind of water. I think he did enjoy it, but was very apprehensive at first. As soon as we started to walk in above his little knees, he got scared and wanted me to pick him up. He was also scared of the waterfalls and fountains. The little slide was fun...for the first few times anyway. After that he climbed the steps (which I took to mean he wanted to go down) and at the top turned to me and said, "No no no!" Eventually, he warmed up a bit and kept trying to let go of my hand. He never did get used to those waterfalls, though! Maybe next time.


It was so much fun to enjoy this part of summer with my son. I love taking Joel to new places and experiencing different activities together (well, talk to me on Monday after our first camping trip and see if I still feel that way!). Those are the times I just love being a mom!

17 comments:

Krista said...

That pool looks very toddler friendly - good find! I'm sure you will spend LOTS of time there!

Cori said...

Where are you guys camping? We are camping this weekend, too.

Kari said...

What a cutie! Ryan still hasn't warmed up to his little pool. Maybe next summer when he is a little older we will attempt the water park!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

Oh, I'm completely jealous of that complex!! I bet he'll be a pro by the end of the summer!

Colleen said...

That pool looks like fun! Joel looks so cute in him swimsuit and I also love the photo of the two of you. :)

Have fun camping! I hope the little guy enjoys it!

Janet said...

That first shot made me laugh...he looks a tad freaked out. But...how fun. Summertime!!

sue said...

hee hee! Joel looks so cute in his swim trunks! it's always surprising what scares them - ie the gorilla at rain*forest cafe! have fun camping! you guys will have a blast!

Sunnymama said...

He is getting so big and handsome. I love summertime swimming especially with cute babies!

Megan said...

So fun! Have a great time camping this weekend!

Kala said...

It looks like so much fun!! I love the new blog picture. He's such a cutie!

JoJo said...

Isn't summer the best with our little guys?
I love Joel's belly in his trunks!

kelly said...

I love that last photo of the two of you! It's going to such a fun summer with Joel. I'm dying to hear about your camping trip (and Cori's)!

sheryl + david said...

THat looks fun!! He looks so cute in his swim trunks! :)

Kimberly and Ed said...

What a nice pool and Joel looks so adorable in his trunks. I love the picture of you two:-)

Kara said...

Love that pool. WE'll definitely have to meet there once the weather cooperates!

Kristen said...

one of my sons is the same way at our local splash park, even though he loves water at home. i think its b/c the waterfalls & fountains & other kids just make it so much louder that it intimidates him.

brave mama taking your toddler camping - i'm sure it will be lots of fun!

Kris said...

Joel is super cute in swim trunks! Looks like you have a great pool near by, I'm so jealous!