We're a happy family around here today. :) Travis and I celebrated Valentine's Day last night with a date while Grandma babysat. We saw Dear John and enjoyed a delicious sushi dinner. I had sushi for the first time around Christmas, and it has quickly become a favorite food of mine. I haven't actually been brave enough to try raw, but the veggie maki rolls or cooked fish maki is so yummy!
Today we enjoyed church together and a sleepover with our niece Valerie. She had a lot of fun playing with Joel, making a new pillow with me, and winning at Uno Spin.
Joel just kept staring at Valerie and was pretty quiet all night. He has some molar poking through, so he is not completely himself right now. After he went to bed, the three of us watched Marley and Me (not my choice for another movie that makes me cry--Dear John and Boys Over Flowers have had me crying enough lately) and ate the pink lemonade ice cream cake that Valerie and I made earlier. Delicious!

14 comments:
That sounds like a FABULOUS weekend!! And that dessert looks yum yum yum!
Wow, that's quite a cake! And I haven't reached the part of BOF that will make me cry. Now I'm nervous...
sounds like a great weekend! happy 15 months, joel!
Happy 15 months Joel! Quite a special weekend for you guys.
What a fun and memorable weekend you guys had! Lovely photos too.
OK, and Marley & Me? Made me cry like a baby (in the theater). And like Elizabeth, I haven't hit the part of BOF that made me cry either but I'm only 6 episodes in. I need to get a move on so we can all discuss on Drama Dish!
Happy 15 Months Joel! It sounds like you guys had a great weekend!
That cake looks delicious!
My niece said that Dear John was good, but haven't seen it yet. I did read Marley and Me and of course I cried! I haven't seen the movie yet though. My dog freaks out anytime there are dogs or any animals on the tv, so it would really make it hard to watch that movie. ;) I do want to check it out sometime though!
Happy 15 months, Joel! Sounds like a fun weekend. I love sushi too:)
I don't think I will ever be able to handle seeing Marly & Me. The book alone made me sob!
What a wonderful weekend and special milestone for Joel! Pink Lemonade Ice Cream Cake...yum!
Happy 15 Months Joel! Sounds like you had a great time with your Niece. I am sure that she was so excited to do all of those special things with you and to spend time with Joel!
it sounds like a WONDERFUL weekend! sushi... mmmmmmm.
and, is it time for me to jump on this BOF wagon?! all of you are raving, and i'm wondering what i'm missing!
yay! happy 15 months Joel!
ahh, Marley and Me. such a tear jerker. makes me cry just to think about it.
and i agree with Kelly, i need to discuss BOF with all of you on DD, and soon!
What a great weekend! We had a great time with you all:). Happy 15 months Joel!
And now I'm nervous about BOF too...
Hi Christine! Just wanted to say hello now that we are officially facebook friends. :)
Joel is just adorable! Sounds like you guys had a great weekend, and that pink lemonade ice cream cake....YUM! You need to post a recipe for that one!
Post a Comment