Joel's first day of preschool was last week!
It went so well, much
better than expected, to be honest. Joel still has a hard time being
away from us, and usually cries on and off when he's in the church
nursery or with his aunt and uncle. So we weren't quite sure how
preschool would go. Joel wasn't too sure either. We were very upbeat and
positive about it, but he said quite a few times that he didn't want to
go, he was nervous, and he might cry. We did lots of reassuring, read
some books about preschool, and visited his school a couple times. On
his first day, he was actually pretty excited, and only mentioned a
couple of times that he might cry. But he still got in the car
willingly, and seemed happy to be going.
| Thankful his teachers let Bear come to school! |
His school actually has the
teachers come out to the cars to get the kids and bring them inside
(will definitely be a perk in the winter when Eli is home!), and Joel
had no problem going with his teacher. There were no tears then or all
morning! Me, on the other hand--I'm wondering how long it will take
before I don't shed a tear or two after drop-off. Don't get me wrong, I
am SO enjoying the time to myself, but it's still a little hard. Anyway,
he had a great morning and has really enjoyed the three times he's gone
so far.
It's so much fun to hear what he did, the things he's learned,
and be a preschool parent. I love the community feeling of it, and so
far we are very pleased with the school and the teachers. They are the
sweetest and each one always has a smile. It makes my heart happy that
he is learning about Jesus, too. We're very thankful that his first
school year is off to a great start!

6 comments:
He's so cute!!! I love that there were no tears from him... that's awesome! He must have been ready. And, I know it's hard... but enjoy this solo time!
I'm so proud of Joel! What a big boy. And goodness, he looked oh so cute with that backpack!
He looks to cute!! I'm glad it went well :)
hooray! love that hat of his! he did awesome!!! i'm so glad you get some mommy time too!!!
my goodness he has grown up!
Sorry I'm so late but that's awesome to hear how well school went for Joel! What a brave guy. I love the cute photos! Enjoy this time alone because as we know, it's almost over - eeek! But in a good way, obviously :)
Post a Comment