Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Apple Picking

Fall is here! The weather turned chilly and the leaves are starting to fall. We've got some fun things planned on our fall list, and the first activity was apple picking. We actually haven't done that with Joel yet, but we hope this starts a new tradition because we had a great time! The orchard we went to was perfect. It was out in the beautiful country, with a nice store, some animals, a tractor, delicious apple cider donuts, and more. Oh, and it was free! Can't beat that. :)

We started with a tractor ride to the apple orchard. Joel was, of course, in heaven.


We quickly got to work picking out some good apples.




 

Of course some sampling went on as well. :)


We headed back to the tractor with our load of apples.


We had a picnic lunch and enjoyed their delicious apple cider doughnuts. I may or may not have eaten most of them. :)


We explored the rest of the farm and hay maze.


Last up was some raspberry picking. We only picked about 1/2 pound, which is about how much Joel ate straight from the bushes. 


 We'll definitely be returning next year, with two little boys in tow!

5 comments:

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

That looks like a great place to go! Our apple picking was less than stellar... and had no donuts. So I'm doubly jealous! And EEK! TWO boys!!! :-)

sue said...

i love fall! so many fun things to do! that orchard was awesome! i'm glad you tagged it in a few photos on ig! i had it narrowed down to a few and that one looked the best. i really loved how it wasn't over commercialized! i can't wait until next year when you have two boys! hee!

Rach@In His Hands said...

Oh Fall!! I love it. It provides so many fun activities like this...and your photos scream joy! I love the one of the 3 of you. Next year....4!!

Jaclyn said...

I love fall! Looks like you guys had a great time apple picking :)

kelly said...

Apple cider donuts?! Oh my! That looked really fun and now I'm inspired to hit the orchard myself. Fall is going to be fun ...