We are so happy to announce that we received a referral for a little boy last week! We're naming him Elijah (Eli) Robert Taeho. He will be one on June 25, and he's just perfect!
Taeho is a healthy little guy, and very tall! He's 31 inches which puts him in the 95%. He and Joel will be opposites in that area. :) He's living with a foster family that has an eight-year-old son, which I think is really neat. The paperwork said that Taeho really likes to play legos with him. I'm hoping that having Joel at home will help to comfort him a little bit in his transition. It also says that he likes to play with remotes and cell phones, and he likes to look at books. Perfect for this book loving family! He's just starting to walk and is babbling quite a bit and saying omma and appa (Korean for mom and dad).
Joel seems to be excited about his new brother. When we first told him, he smiled and then asked what that loud noise outside was. Apparently, some things are more important than a new little brother when you're three! When he sees his picture, he says, "That's my brother Taeho! I love him." It's really quite sweet. And he was a great helper when we went shopping for his care package.
We're not sure yet when we'll be traveling. We are fairly certain it will be before the end of the year, but that is not a guarantee at this point. Whatever the wait is, it will not be soon enough until we can hold this sweet little boy in our arms. We are overjoyed with this blessing and so in love with Eli Taeho. God is so good!
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



11 comments:
I'm SO happy and excited for you! He is absolutely adorable and I love what you know about his personality and how it seems like it will mesh quite well. I love Joel's reaction - seems right-on for a 3-year-old. :) Congratulations, family of four! And I'll be thinking about you during the next phase of the waiting. It's so hard.
congrats!! i am so thrilled for you and love hearing about your littlest boy :) it sounds like he is just wonderful and i can't wait to see him in your arms in a few months!!
축하합니다! I bet Joel will be a great Hyung (big brother)to his Dongsang(little brother) Taeho! (: Taeho is such a cutie!!
God bless you on the res tof your journey~
-Kirstie Bikakis
we're so excited for you guys!!!! can't wait to see the top of the blog say "joel and eli" :). hoping that it is a speedy trip to korea to bring him home!!!!
Yay!! So glad to read some details on your sweet boy. His bday is the day after Lukas'. Praying he's home even sooner than you're anticipating!
Oh congratulations! That is so wonderful and he is so beautiful. I am so happy for you guys and I hope you wait is incredibly fast!!! I'm excited to follow your journey.
Oh my! He is ADORABLE! I am so happy for you! Congrats on your newest little addition! I will be praying as you wait to bring him home! God bless you!
Congratulations!!! Eek! He is so sweet looking - and loves books - that's awesome! :) :)
So very exciting! Congratulations! He is just adorable. How wonderful you'll be able to travel so quickly...even though I'm sure the wait will feel like forever now that you know him. He likes Legos AND books...sounds perfect to me!
I'm so excited for you all!!! Congratulations!!!! He sounds awesome! I cannot wait to see him with you all SOON!!! EEEEEEKKKKK!!!!
God is good indeed. What an adorable little (big!) blessing your Taeho is. He's so cute and happy-looking!!! We are thrilled for your family. Joel is going to be the best big brother, I can just tell. Now let's get this wait to travel started so it can end!
PS - I really laughed at Joel's reaction to the news :)
Post a Comment