On June 25th, Eli turned one years old. We were in Michigan on Sunday, which was his birthday in Korea. We thought about him all day and wrote his name in the sand. We also picked up some pretty beach rocks to put in his memory box.
On Monday, we had a fun little celebration with the three of us. We enjoyed dinner at a Korean restaurant, and then had some cupcakes, sang happy birthday, and Joel opened a book for Eli.
Not only was Eli on our minds, his birth mother was as well. We pray that she is able to experience some measure of peace and comfort about her son.
It was definitely bittersweet to celebrate such a big milestone
without him home. We made the best of it, though, and know that we will
have many more birthdays to celebrate with him. We hope that he partied it up in Korea with his foster family, and are sure hoping for some cute hanbok photos. :)
We love you, Eli Taeho!
Monday, June 25, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
happy birthday little buddy! we can't wait to celebrate with you next year!
ps i love his name in the sand. and i love that our boys share part of their names!
Happy birthday, sweet boy! I am sure it was a bittersweet day for you, but I love that you had a little celebration for Eli Taeho.
Happy Birthday Eli Taeho! It sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate. :-)
Happy Birthday Eli! Praying you are home soon with your American family.
I'm glad you guys celebrated Eli on his birthday even though I'm sure it was hard to be apart from him on that special day. I love that you put some beach rocks in his memory box - how neat. I just can't wait to see those hanbok photos!!
Post a Comment