



We're hoping that this is the beginning of a life-long love of reading for Joel. That would make Joel's book worm Mommy very happy! :)
Thursday, March 24, 2011
Book Worm
I've mentioned before that Joel loves books, and fortunately, this love is growing! We go to the library about once a week and take home between fifteen and twenty books (along with some for Mommy, too!). Through the week, we read them, over and over and over. And over and over. Joel will sit on my lap and listen for up to a half hour. Or he'll sit by himself and flip through the books. Some of his favorites, like Machines at Work, he can pretty much "read" by himself. He doesn't say all the words, but he gets the important ones out on the page. Here are some of his top favorites right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

16 comments:
Wow! I can't believe how many books you bring home! I need to be better about that with Spencer... we enjoy books, but it would be a good "quiet" activity since naps don't always work around here.
I love the pics of Joel looking at his reads!
Sounds like our house. I drag home about 15-20 books each week too for D. We read them over and over (and over) as well, but he quickly choses favorites each week, which is fine. I do too. Thanks for sharing some of your current faves. We have read some of them, but not all. I'll add them to my ongoing hold queue for D. Reading is something we do a lot with D. It is how we start & end each day. I LOVE that he always says, "Read me, Mama/Dada," after he has picked one off the shelf. We love reading too...so we were hoping to share this love with him. I love that Joel reads some to himself. D "helps" us sometimes, but isn't too good about sitting/reading on his own yet. Prefers on the lap...which is fine with me!
Doesn't it just warm your mama-heart when they love books? Some of Joel's faves are ours too.
And I'm SO GLAD to hear we're not the only ones who come home with a bag so heavy with books we can barely carry it! I always feel like the librarians are scowling at us when we leave. :)
that is one adorable little bookworm you've got! :)
noah LOVES being read to and "reading" ...if you want to call it that...to himself. my problem is that i love children's books so much that i buy more than we take out at the library. glad that you shared joel's faves..i'm always looking for something new to read to noah.
How so very sweet!! We love books over here too and hope to share that love with our little guy.
Joel looks so cute reading his book:-) Kyle is also a "book worm"! I understand your joy because I feel the same way about Kyle loving books:-)
I'm glad Joel is loving the books. It's a fun activity for mom too!
It is so great that he loves to read! It's nice to have that in common. :)
Those are several of our favorites!! I am always humored with how we can read the same book over and over and it doesn't seem to get old...to them! :)
We love the library over here too! I think it's great that Joel loves books so much. I love watching kids "reading" to themselves - so cute! :)
awwww, that's awesome! i have yet to bring home library books...i'm a little afraid of the possible destruction and the fines that would follow! maybe joel can teach c? ;)
holy cow, i love that last photo! i love that joel is getting into books! we're still getting into them around here. slowly but surely.
I love, love, love children's books. It looks like Joel is a great little reader already. Very cute pics!
Joel is the CUTEST little reader I've ever seen! So adorable that he reads to himself and knows a lot of the words. Impressive. We just started visiting the library recently and it's been fun! Although we only took about 4 or 5 books out. If you bring home 20 each time, you'll have read all the books in the library pretty quickly! Unless you have a super big, well-stocked library :)
I love little book worms! I take home from work about the same number each week too - I think I have as much fun selecting them as he has being read to!
My boys love some of those books too! Glad Joel can appreciate a good read!
Post a Comment