We have so many things to be excited about in 2011. Things like our first family vacation, a trip with friends out west, the possibility of running a half-marathon, and enjoying simple moments with our son. We also hope very much that 2011 will include a referral for our second child! Our home study is completed and in the process of being approved by DCFS. From there it will go to USCIS to be approved and then to Korea. At that point, they are estimating a 7-10 month wait for a referral. So, if our approvals go quickly, it is possible that we could see our son's face this year. What an amazing thought!
One of my resolutions this year is to give more generously, both of our time and our finances. God has blessed us with so much, and we want to use these blessings to help others. I have a blog raffle coming soon that will benefit a cause close to our hearts, and in addition, there is an opportunity for us (and you!) to help a fellow adoptive family. Tracy and her family are adopting a little girl named Emi Faith from Korea. Emi is three years old and has significant special needs. This is a family with a strong faith that knows this step will be challenging, but feels called by God to do it. After a long wait, little Emi Faith will be ready to come home soon, and Tracy's husband must stay home to care for their other four children. Tracy has a friend that is willing to come with, but they are in need of finances to purchase this additional ticket, which costs around $1200. Many people have stepped up to help this family, and you can as well. If you are able to help, you can go to Tracy's blog and donate through the PayPal button. You can also enter a giveaway at Daily Dose of Mama if you donate. If you aren't able to help financially, the family could use prayers and positive thoughts as well!
As we look ahead to a new year, many possibilities lay before us. We plan to embrace these possibilities, cherish our moments as a family, and love others fully. We hope for all of you many blessings and wonderful moments in 2011!
Sunday, January 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

18 comments:
Such a great outlook for the new year... so many exciting opportunities for you and your family. I so look forward to following along!
Thank You.
Looks like you have some pretty awesome things planned for 2011. I hope that referral comes fast!!!
Here's to a great year! I feel blessed that you'll be a part of it.
I'm so excited to see all this year holds for your family and hoping that referral comes even faster than you think!!!
Happy New Year! I am so excited to see what is in store for your family!
2011 sounds like a great year! I like that idea of running a half marathon! =) Here's the link to the chi rock and roll one http://chicago.competitor.com/register/
so many things to look forward to in the coming year - I hope 2011 is a happy one for your family!
it sounds like 2011 is going to be a great year for your family! so much to look forward to. happy new year!
So many exciting things to be excited for in 2011! It would be amazing to get a referral and see your son's face this year!
btw: When you say a trip west, do you mean CA? I hope so!!!
I'm so excited to see what this year holds for you. You always inspire me to be a better person, and this post was no exception. Thank you for that. Cheers friend... here's to 2011!!!
How exciting that your family is adopting again! It will be fun to walk with you through the process. It seems like you are very close to where we are at. :)
What an inspiring post! I'm excited to see what 2011 holds for you and your family.
Also, I'm happy that I have a good friend in the waiting for a referral stage. We both may see our 2nd child this year:)
This will be such an amazing year for you!
2011 is going to be a great year! I'm excited to be part of some of your fun stuff :)
So much to look forward to in 2011. Happy New Year!
That is so exciting to be starting another adoption. After we brought Lindsey home, I couldn't wait to start the process again. Adoption is a real miracle and such a wonderful way to grow families!!
Can't wait to see what and who 2011 brings! :)
My husband ran his first 1/2 marathon this past year...he loved it!!
Much love,
Future Mama
http://expectingablessing.blogspot.com/
Half-marathon? Why not watch all the movies?
Seriously, good luck with the running.
Here's a couple of tips that served me well in my running days, (before being rudely interrupted by my knees - a Dr told me I was a failure as a biped, but would make a good fish?!):
Run as fast as you can, but not too fast.
Don't get lost.
I'm sure Madonna thanked you, but thank you again for the Christmas gifts.
She's taking the train there for her birthday (Feb 9), your Mom has the details.
Post a Comment