Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Baby to Boy

There are times when I still think of Joel as our little baby. When I momentarily forget that he is a walking, talking, opinionated, curious two-year-old. But when I see photos like this,


there's no doubt in my mind that in the blink of an eye, our baby has turned into a boy.

(And just to clarify, we aren't really potty-training at this point. Joel just insists on wearing his "gabbas" but never stays in them for more than five minutes.)

16 comments:

sue said...

a-dorable. hee hee!

Colleen said...

i look at noah very often and think the same exact thing. makes me a little sad sometimes but at the same time I am so enjoying this age.
such a cute photo of your baby boy....and Gabba undies?!!!! I have to do a search for those when the time comes for noah!
( oh! and love the new look of the blog! :)

Amy said...

He is turning into such a big boy, but he just gets cuter!!

I love your new blog look!! :)

Grace said...

joel is SO cute! i love that smile :) you know, there are times when i feel like this about carson and i've only had him for a month!
love the new look!

Kimberly and Ed said...

I love the new design of your blog! Joel is so cute in this picture - I love his smile:-)

JoJo said...

He really is a big boy! So cute...

Love the new blog look!

IP Journey said...

It is crazy how quick they grow up! He looks so proud of himself in the big boy undies! I really love the blog update! Looks amazing!

Kara said...

I feel the same way! About both my boys. And I'm glad you finally got your blog background. It looks great!

Kelly said...

And what a cute little boy he is!! He'll be a great big brother! :)

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

LOVE the new look!!! LOVE.

And I agree, it's like one night, I put a baby to bed... and he woke up a boy! How did that happen!??! Geez.

kelly said...

So I guess this is what we have to look forward to? Sometimes I can't wait for Max to grow up (so he's old enough to communicate more and so I can, ahem, "reason" with him) but then I think "No! I want to keep him a baby!" Anyway, I love this funny photo of Joel in his undies. (Did that sound weird?) I REALLY love that family photo up top and the whole new blog look - it's lovely!!

Patti and Rick said...

He is so beautiful! It is scary how fast time passes us by.

I love the new look of your blog!!!

Janet said...

LOVE the new blog look!
I know what you mean...our babies are growing up SO fast. They change SO much during the first two years (especially between 1.5-2.5, I think).
CUTE photo! I need to get D some big-boy undies...just to have...since he is definitely interested and sits on the potty chair at least twice per day now.

Brooke said...

Is'nt cute when they want to try on undies and then they are like"okay put my diaper back on" .He is such a cute little guy, I love his smile!

Kris said...

It's funny, Joel almost looks like a baby in the sledding post because he looks chubby all bundled up. But then I see this post and I'm like, "Wow, he really is a big boy!" What a cutie.

Krista said...

What a sweet picture of Joel!