Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving and Cards from Shutterfly

We hope everyone enjoyed Thanksgiving with family and friends! We spent a quiet day at home and then had dinner at my parent's house. It was very relaxing, and the food was yummy! Joel's favorite by far was the canned cranberries. That's about all he ate for dinner. :) As is our tradition on Thanksgiving, we spent some time that day thanking God for all of our blessings. Wow, are there a lot!


I always love the beginning of the Christmas season, which we officially start the day after Thanksgiving. That's when the Christmas music, decorations, and holiday spirit comes out. One thing I love about Christmas is getting Christmas cards in the mail. It's so fun to see everyone's family photos and cards and hang them up around the house. In fact, we got our first one yesterday and it's already up on the wall.

Yesterday we went outside, Joel in his Christmas sweater and new hat (which is just too adorable), with two mini Christmas trees and attempted a DIY photo shoot. Let's just say that Joel is in the midst of being two and was not cooperative. Neither was the camera. Most of our photos ended up looking like this:


Or this:


We did get one really cute picture of Joel, which you'll have to wait to see until you get our Christmas card. :) The Christmas trees aren't in it, but we'll take what we can get! I've been trying to choose where to order our cards from, and saw that Shutterfly has a great deal right now for bloggers. 50 free cards is too good of a deal to pass up! And I love the designs and cards they have, more than anywhere else. And I've been looking a lot! These are the ones I'm leaning towards right now:


I'm thinking the last one will look really great with the photo we got, but I may end up changing my mind a few times. :) Thanks, Shutterfly, for this amazing offer!

17 comments:

sue said...

i can't wait to see your christmas card! your outtakes of joel are cute though! little stinker!

Colleen said...

i LOVE joel's christmas sweater and hat!!! so adorable! and with his face all squished up he looks so young and baby-like in that photo! sooo cute!

Grace said...

i love joel's hat!!! he is too cute, cry face and all :)

Elizabeth Frick said...

Oooh, I'm excited to see the xmas card shot too!
LOVE his hat!

JoJo said...

I love Christmas cards too! One of my favorite parts of the holiday. Can't wait to see yours.

Jenny said...

after your cards are out and delivered, you'll have to post a pic of it here!!

Sandra said...

He is such a cutie, even when he is being feisty.

Kelly said...

We are getting ready to do the Shutterfly cards, too! I like the ones you picked, but I think you should put Joel's picture on them, so not to confuse people! :)

I am with you as far as the season. I love celebrating Advent..I'll be doing some different post on our families Advent traditions. I would love to hear others to add too our celebration of Jesus' birth.

Kari said...

Love the first pic by the tree! So cute!

Michelle said...

Way too cute! Ok, I know this is so bad, but I would totally use the cry face picture in my Christmas cards. LOL. I love those real moments caught on camera. And that hat is just too adorable with his sweater! I looked at that same hat for Maddyx. Now I know I have to get it after seeing how cute Joel looks in his.

Birdie said...

I love this season, too! No matter what picture you go with for Joel or what style you go with for Shutterfly, I know your cards will be ADORABLE!

IP Journey said...

I totally hear you about the difficulty of getting good shots with an active toddler! I always am drooling with envy at some of the amazing photos on some of our mutual bloggy friends blogs! Joel is adorable in the outakes though! `

Becky said...

Joel's hat is adorable! I'm sure your cards will turn out great!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

Oh my gosh... those photos are adorable and funny. LOVE them. I can't wait to see the winner though! YAY! It's holiday time!

Kara said...

Those pictures are too funny...and so typical of a two year old boy! Can't wait to see the final product.

kelly said...

Oh those two shots are adorable - even if not perfect (or maybe BECAUSE they aren't perfect!) Joel + that hat = extreme cuteness. Love it! I can't wait to see the winner shot!!

Jane said...

I eat a lot of canned cranberries too - year round - he's got good taste!