Sunday, October 28, 2012

Learning

Since Eli Taeho joined our family, we have been busy learning all about him! He's really a sweet little guy, and it's been fun to get to know him and his personality. Here are just a few of the things we've discovered about him.



He loves music! We play children's music (mostly Korean) almost all day and I'll frequently catch him "dancing", which consists of smiling and swaying from side to side.



He is a dainty little eater. When a little piece of food doesn't make it in his mouth, he uses his fist to push it in.



Speaking of food--he loves it and has a huge appetite. A normal breakfast for him is two scrambled eggs, a piece of fruit, and a container of yogurt. I made him some seaweed soup and he inhaled that. He pretty much loves anything with rice and seaweed, although he also loved his Cu!ver's chicken fingers and fries. :)

 
When we pick him up, he pats us on the back. LOVE this!


He loves dogs and won't leave our golden retriever alone. We're working very hard on teaching him how to be gentle.


He loves water, just like big brother. The two of them could splash and play in the tub all day! He also loves the sink faucets and tries to climb on the sink to turn them on. I have happy visions of the pool next summer with these two!


He really enjoys putting things away (not always where they belong!) and putting lids on things like water bottles. He also likes to fill containers up and then dump them out. 

Along with learning about him, we are also learning how to live as a family of four. We've had our ups and downs and the past week has certainly brought challenges for all of us. We're trying to focus on the positive and do our best. Thankfully, we've got some very supportive family and friends that are helping us through.  His foster family has been in our thoughts frequently, and we are praying that they find peace and know that Taeho is doing well.

5 comments:

sue said...

i was so excited to see this update pop up in my feed! i'm cracking up over eli shoving his fist in his mouth! ha! so glad things are going well overall. all of the change is so tough on the entire family. you guys are doing great for being home a little over a week. thinking of you all often!!!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

What a great update! It sounds like things are going really well! And I'm so impressed... such a great update so soon after you came home!

Kelly said...

Oh, I love this update! It's nice to learn so much about Eli and hear how you are all adjusting. I'm sure it's an incredible change for all four of you (perhaps five, counting the dog)! Thinking of you.

kelly said...

Yippee for an Eli TaeHo update! Sounds like things, while challenging at times, are going pretty darn well. What a sweet, fun, handsome little boy! I love all the photos, and I love that he pats your back when you hold him. Adorable!

IP Journey said...

Love the update! He sounds precious and I love seeing your two boys together! Congratulations!!!