How is it the middle of August already?? This summer has been so much fun, and I'm a little sad that it's coming to an end in a few weeks. We've tried to pack in as much as we can and enjoy every hot, sticky day.
Joel really became a little fish this summer. We bought him the perfect floatie, and he just jumps right in and doesn't want us to hold onto him at all. He took swimming lessons, and learned everything very quickly. The teachers have remarked that he's a natural. He can do a back float, front float, blow bubbles, kick, and do "ice cream scoop" arms. It's great to watch him have such a good time in the water!
 |
| Last day of swimming class |
We visited the Morton Arboretum,
 |
| Celebrating our friend Thad's birthday |
 |
| Very cool treehouse exhibit |
Blackberry Farm,
 |
| Best part of the day! |
Millenium Park,
 |
| Fun at The Bean! |
Santa's Village,
 |
| The boys rode alone and the moms freaked out. |
 |
| First roller coaster ride! |
Lincoln Park Zoo,
 |
| Thad's special eemos. |
and lots of local parks.
 |
| Silly boy! |
|
|
|
There was some John Deere riding and gardening at Nana and Papas, too.
Travis took Joel fishing for the first time a few weeks ago, and he loved it. One of Travis's favorite memories of his dad is when he taught him to fish, so this is an extra special activity for them to do together. And I have to admit that I've enjoyed having the house to myself on their outings! Joel can cast out by himself and reel the line in, too. He actually caught a couple of fish completely on his own. You can see how proud he is!
We can't wait to see what fun fall has in store for us!
4 comments:
omg. i love this post! could joel be any cuter??? love the fishing stories! i'll have to ask him to tell me about his fish next time i see him! i also love the photo of jojo on the carousel :).
you have had an awesome summer! bring on fall and all the fun fall activities!
Isn't summer the best?! Clearly you guys have enjoyed every bit it! Such fun pictures. Joel is adorable in each one!
What a fun summer-y post! I love that I get to see so many cuties in your photos :) I have to admit - I had some of the same thoughts as Sue: (1) Joel is the cutest - I love his smile so much, (2) I'm completely impressed he caught fish and I love the photo of him with his fishing pole, and (3) I (heart) Joanna on the carousel! What a great summer ... but it's not over yet, OK?!
Oh my gosh! How awesome has your summer been?!?! I'm super jealous right now. (And TOTALLY impressed by Joel's mad swimming and fishing skills!)
I can't wait to see what Fall brings for you guys either!
PS - Jojo on the carousel = awesome.
Post a Comment