Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Photos from Korea

We recently received a very special gift from our agency in Korea. They sent us 63! photos of Taeho. Some are from his first birthday party (dol), and some are of him and his foster mother. They are beautiful photos taken by a professional photographer. It was such a huge blessing to have this glimpse into Taeho's life and personality at 12 months old. I found myself crying as I looked at each one. Tears of happiness and joy, and some tears of sadness, too. There is a piece of our family missing right now, and it's hard. We definitely take comfort in the fact that he is happy, bright, and very loved by his wonderful foster family.

Here are a few of our favorites.



He chose the gavel at his dol, which means he could be a judge or very smart person. :)
I can't get enough of that impish little grin!








9 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh, what a handsome little guy he is! I know how bittersweet it is to receive those photos - on the one hand, they make you smile, and on the other, well, they can make you cry. Thinking about you.

Kerry said...

So very happy that you received such a wonderful gift. Your little guy is so adorable. Happy that you were able to receive photos of him at this age. And hoping that they make the waiting a bit easier.
Hugs

sue said...

he is adorable! i'm so happy you got these photos, but it's obviously bittersweet. sending big hugs!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

Oh my gosh!!! He's just so cute!! I cannot believe you got 63 (!!!) photos of your little one! That's so many! The camera obviously loves him. And, I worry about this part of the wait for us. (You know since I'm doing so well with the wait right now - HA. Sarcasm.) So I can't even imagine what it feels like... but I know it's really, really hard. Hang in there. Hugs friend.

Amy said...

He is just so cute!!! I'm so glad you got an update with so many pics. I know how bittersweet it is. Praying he is home soon!!

kelly said...

Eli is the cutest, smiliest, sweetest little guy! The photos are gorgeous and you are so blessed to get 63!! But, I know. Bittersweet at the same time. Praying that you get to travel soon, my friend!!

Elizabeth said...

Wow, what a great surprise. What a cutie! and smart too, picking that gavel :) I hope the next surprise is soon and it's that precious call to come get him.

Colleen said...

oh my he is sooo precious! as the others said, how wonderful to receive so many photos, but i'm sure it is bittersweet. i hope your beautiful boy is in your arms very very soon!

Krista said...

so perfect!