I had so much fun picking everything out for his room and putting it all together. We got an incredible deal on a bed and dresser at L@nd of Nod Outlet, and we color matched the furniture and painted a bookshelf to match. I had a very hard time deciding on a quilt that would be theme of the room. We tried taking Joel and showing him some different choices, but he really could have cared less. Finally we decided he would be happy with a choo-choo theme.
It's really hard to find wall art to match bedding (I'm very much into things matching) that isn't crazily priced. I ended up buying some blank canvases, printing out pictures of two trains on the quilt, and painting them myself. I was really pleased with how they turned out!
There are a lot of special items in Joel's room. Photos of Korea, his foster mother, his Korean flag given to him by the agency in Korea, a wooden train made by his Papa, a photo frame from his Baptism, and a print by the artist kilsook that says, "There has always been a special place on our family tree just for you." Joel loves his room and everything in it, and it's a room he can grow into as he gets older.

12 comments:
i've been looking for a train quilt that i like. where did you get his? the room looks amazing!
I love Joel's new room! And way to go on those train prints - they're awesome!
LOVE it!!!! And my boys will be so jealous of the train theme!!!
Super cute!!!
What a cute video of Joel (and his broken alarm!) First of all the room came out GREAT! Second, I love the reason why you had to do this (yay!!) Third, I'm so impressed you painted the train prints. Way to go CK!! I bet Joel just loves his new big boy room. We have the same LON dresser :) Although not the matching bed - love that. We also have the bunny clock - is that what's broken? I hope not! We would not survive without that thing ...
Love his big boy room and I love seeing videos! He's so cute and so sweet!
Love the room! Way to go Joel on the transition...those can be so hard! And I agree with Kelly, what a wonderful reason to have to redecorate :)
Wow! Love it! So cute and so fun! Great idea of doing the canvas pictures yourself!
I love it, Christine! You did a great job on everything!
Oh. My. Word. I LOVE how it came out!!! LOVE!!! I love the furniture, the bedding, the train prints (!!!), the artwork. EVERYTHING.
What a fun room! Great job on the art work. Love the video.
Great room for Joel! Alex's flag stands proudly in his room too.
Post a Comment