We made the most of our day around here. Even though the weather was a bit chilly, we got outside and let Joel practice riding his new big boy bike.
Sunday, November 27, 2011
Thankful Hearts
It was with very thankful hearts that we celebrated Thanksgiving. When I really stop to think about my life, I am in awe over how much God has blessed my family. There are many reasons to give thanks to the giver of all. Family, friends, the love of God, health, a comfortable home, an amazing church. But there are so many little things as well. Ice cream. Warm beds. A good book. Sweet kisses from Joel. Game night. Ugg boots. There are so many days I take all of this for granted, so I love having a day to refocus and really appreciate what I've been given.
We made the most of our day around here. Even though the weather was a bit chilly, we got outside and let Joel practice riding his new big boy bike.

We also played a little football. What Thanksgiving is complete without it? (Actually, I could care less about football but I LOVE seeing my husband and son play.)




The rest of the day was spent with family eating, laughing, and playing Scrabble. Oh, and drinking chocolate milk out of a fancy glass.


We had a truly blessed day and hope you did, too!
We made the most of our day around here. Even though the weather was a bit chilly, we got outside and let Joel practice riding his new big boy bike.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
thanksgiving is really such a great time of reflection. this is a beautiful post about the things you are thankful for. i love the photo of joel drinking his chocolate milk out of a fancy glass! so cute!
Wow - way to put it in perspective! I need to stop and do that more often...
Beautiful post and photos... I LOVE that last shot!
Love the fancy glass photos! Joel looks like he's going to declare a toast :) So many things to be thankful for.
I LOVE the shots of Joel with his fancy glass of chocolate milk! He looks so proud & you can tell he knew it was special. Happy belated Thanksgiving! I also love having a day set aside to remind us of all the gifts we have in our lives every day.
You're right - so many things. What I love is that you also included the little things. Those are important too! Thanks for remembering ice cream and a good book and ugg boots ... :) Nice big boy bike, Joel! And the fancy glass photos? Too much - I love it.
Stumbled across your blog... My son was born in korea December of 2008. We are loving life with him and like you, my husband and I are awaiting the addition of another boy. It is so neat that joel has other Korean born friends his age that are near by! I'd love to know a little about how your current adoption is going!
Post a Comment