On Saturday we attended "Harvest Day," an event through my parent's church held at a local farm. They teamed up with about ten other churches in the area to raise money for world hunger, and this was in celebration of their efforts. There was a short service, lunch, and lots of fun activites. I think it's fair to say that my mom was much more excited about going than we were, but we are so glad we did! Joel had a great time. There were so many things that interested him, especially since he is very into tractors and John Deeres.
There were huge tractor wheels that I turned into a photo opportunity.
Joel was trying to see inside the shute of this big machine (no, I don't know what the proper name is).
He also explored all the parts of it.
We took a wagon ride that was very chilly and windy!
There was a children's area with a slide, trampoline, and corn box.
And that was when Joel spotted the pedal tractors.
His feet couldn't reach the pedals, so Daddy pulled him.
The most exciting part for all of us was riding a combine and harvesting the corn. It was really neat! Joel loved the short ride and kept asking to go again and again. He even found the horn on his own inside the combine and tooted it a few times.
This was a huge tank for the corn once it was dried out. We climbed the ladder and watched the corn pour inside.
Not only was this a lot of fun for all of us, we supported a great cause as well. And now I can answer
some of Joel's more complicated questions about farm equipment. :)
7 comments:
That looks super fun. Obviously Joel enjoyed it! What a great experience!
OK - that might be one of the coolest events ever!!! I love the corn harvesting!
I love Joels hat! He looks so happy. Seriously, could he be any more precious.....
oh my gosh - cohen's head would have exploded! what at awesome experience! and clearly joel LOVED it! i love the giant tire photos!!!
You got to actually ride on a combine?! Holy smokes, Max would have died. All he talks about right now is combines and tractors :) Lucky Joel - what a day!
PS - Maybe that first machine was a feller buncher? I'll let Janet decide ....
Looks like Joel had tons of fun!
Oh my goodness! Lukas would have been in Heaven at this place! Wish we lived closer to you! I absolutely adore Joel's hat! :)
Post a Comment