A few weeks ago, we spent our Saturday morning at one of our favorite places--the Morton Arboretum. They have a wonderful Children's Garden that Joel just loves, but this time we did something a little different. We packed up our bikes and a trailer for Joel and rode the trails. The bike trails are really just a road that goes through the Arboretum, and we couldn't believe how large of a place it really is! It was a very hilly road, which was great when we were heading downhill. Uphill, not so much. :) It was really beautiful, though, and we plan to do this again now that the leaves are changing colors.
Joel enjoyed the ride, but only up to a point. After about twenty minutes in the trailer, he gets restless and starts to complain about his helmet. He had much more fun when we were done biking and he got to eat a granola bar.
We ended our morning with a fun ride on Daddy's shoulders.
I know we'll be back soon for more family time at this beautiful place!

8 comments:
That looks like a GREAT family day. D is finally good about sitting in the bike carrier for longer rides and not hating his helmet. Those family shots are perfect. Love them!
Great family photos! Looks like it was a lot of fun. :)
Looks like such a fun day! I love the pictures and cannot believe how grown up Joel looks!
such a perfect place to spend some family time! i think it's so cute to see kids in bike trailers, and of course joel is no exception!
The arboretum is so much fun. I love the idea of a bike ride! And those are some great pictures!
That looks like a great place for a bike ride! I love the wide roads... I bet it looks lovely as the leaves change. Perfect backdrop for more photos. (Hint, hint)
This looks like so much fun! And great exercise pulling a kid up the hills! Joel looks so cute with his helmet on (even if he doesn't like it!). I love the family photos you got, too! Yes, please go back when the leaves change and take some more family shots!!
What a fun day!! And great pics to boot!
Post a Comment