Tuesday, September 14, 2010
22 Months
Joel decided to show us just what being twenty-two months is all about last night when he climbed out of his crib. He did not want to go to bed last night and was screaming so hard he was choking. I went in to calm him down, and as soon as I left, I heard a very loud thud and knew what had happened. I ran back in, and Joel was sitting on the floor, crying even harder. I think it scared him quite a bit, which is probably a good thing! We're hoping that means he won't do it again. So far, so good. Ah, life with a twenty-two month old should definitely be interesting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

22 comments:
okay, i see now...this incident was totally NOT picture worthy! i hope he's okay and that tonight is better!
Oh No!!! That is no way to celebrate 22 months! Your heart must have dropped when you heard that thud and then found him on the floor. Here's hoping that was the first and last time. :(
eesh. the "dull thud" is never a good thing coming from a wee one's room :(
Poor little guy! Time for a big boy bed?
Uh-oh friend...you're in for it now. I hope he learned his lesson, but I wouldn't count on it.
I adore that picture of him :) So stinkin' cute.
Poor guy! That thud must have scared you half to death. I'm hoping that doesn't happen again. I just love love love that picture of him. Such a little man!
Must have been scary! Glad he's alright...I love this photo of him!
When you post a picture like that, it is hard to imagine him crying! He is so cute!! Lindsey used it crawl out of her crib all the time. We even considered buying one of those mesh crib top things!! Hang in there!
Oh no! Poor Joel!
I would start making contingency plans... because if he's like Spencer, this is just the beginning. Sigh. I'll be doing a post too, but we have a big boy bed all ready to go... just waiting on S now.
Adorable photo too!
Oh No!!!! But that face is just so precious!
Little stinker! It sounds like this is "very trendy" among our little blog friends lately, maybe Joel just decided it was his turn. I hope the fall scared him enough to stay in his crib - at least for a few more months. But how can you seriously be mad at that cute squishy little face?? He's such a doll.
Oh my goodness Christine. I hope the fall did scare him and you can keep him in the crib for a little longer.
Sounds like he is almost ready for that big boy bed! But, I hope he did "learn" from that and will stay in the crib a bit more.
Yikes! From what I've seen, they usually don't forget these things! I'm so glad Joel is okay. Good luck with this new stage. :)
Ugh...I imagine it was scary for both you and for him! I'm so dreading the day that this happens.
I adore the picture of Joel though. SO SWEET!
oh its so awful when they figure out they can actually attempt to escape their cribs. at least he didn't get hurt and hopefully it scared him and he won't want to do it again.
i say hold off on the toddler bed as long as possible! giving them the freedom to leave the bed alone is a whole new world of trouble.
I saw that adorable face and then read your post. He just looks so innocent!
look at that cute little smirk on his face! little stinker! hoping you get a little more time out of the crib!
What a cute pic! And I certainly hope that he learned his lesson...at least for a while!
Oh my goodness!!! I can't believe it happened already! I hope it doesn't happen again. Happy 22 months to your little guy - that picture of him is adorable.
Hi Christine! Just stopped by your blog for the first time. Oh no.....is this what I have to look forward to?!?! Yikes! Our little (really big) guy is 14 months. I'm so glad he was okay!
Oh dear! I'm just waiting for this moment. Hearing that thud must have been so scary. I worry since we have hardwood floors and I'm sure he'll hit something (rocking chair or table) on the way down. I'd better do some rearranging soon. I hear this moment comes around age 2. We're almost there, aren't we?!
Post a Comment