Wednesday, July 14, 2010

20 Months!

Joel is 20 months old today, and we are quickly learning that life with a twenty month old is never dull! Joel is gaining more and more independence and becoming more like a two year old every day. His new favorite things to do are climb on the chairs to get onto the table, throw things in the garbage that aren't supposed to be there (pretty sure that's where some missing toys went), and open every drawer and cabinet possible to explore what's inside. At least we know when he has done something he isn't supposed to or is eating something he shouldn't (like a book) because he says "Joel" in the exact same exasperated tone that I say his name in. It's pretty funny.

One of my favorite parts about watching him grow is his speech. I love hearing him say new words, or try to! He also knows his name, Mama, Dada, Nana, Bapa, Nyna and can name all of us in a picture or in person. The funniest words that he says right now are "deutch" which is shoes, and "otch" which is ice.

Today is special for another reason. Exactly one year ago we met Joel for the first time!


We have been so blessed this past year with our healthy, happy, adorable son and we are looking forward to celebrating our Forever Family Day on Friday!

15 comments:

Cori said...

He looks SO grown up in that new picture!

Colleen said...

Happy 20 months, Joel! My how he has grown! Such a cute baby and now an absolutely adorable toddler. I love that he says his own name when doing something that he shouldn't. What a smart little stinker! :)

Christy said...

Congrats! How exciting! Looking forward to hearing about your celebration! :)

JoJo said...

Happy 20mos to Joel! I love to hear about all the things he says and does. I know your "Joel" voice too :)

Jenny said...

HAPPY ONE YEAR of being a family together!!! amazing! i love that he says, "deutch" :-)

Heidi and Jason said...

Happy 20 Months Joel! Happy year of knowing Joel! What a exciting milestone to reach.
I love that at this age they pretty much tell you when they are doing something wrong. To funny that he says his own name!

Sandra said...

Happy 20 months to your cutie pie! He is just so adorable. How funny that he tells on himself!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

OK, him saying "Joel" when he's not supposed to be doing something is hysterical! (Kind of like my "no no no" guy?!)

We had the trash issue here too... so frustrating, but it seems to have passed. For the most part. I did find a sock in there the other day.

I love BOTH the then and now photos! And that polo shirt! Give it up... where'd it come from?!

Kris said...

Happy 20 months to Joel!! He sure has grown in a year - wow!

Elizabeth Frick said...

What a cool anniversary! Happy 20 months.
I LOVE that he scolds himself when he does something wrong :)

sue said...

omg. he is so cute! a year ago and today! so excited about your family day!

Bekah said...

Wow...what a big boy he is! So cute! That's funny that he's throwing things in the garbage. Well...I guess it's funny because it's not happening in my house (yet). ;)

Amber and Luke said...

SO cute! He reminds me so much of my little man. :)

Kimberly and Ed said...

Happy 20 months Joel! He is sure keeping mommy and daddy busy:-) Have a wonderful first forever family day!

kelly said...

Oh Joel, you are too cute. Happy 20 months BIG guy! I love hearing all about what he's up to these days. He sounds like quite a character - I also love that he scolds himself in your voice :) The garbage thing might be a *little* frustrating though! Good thing he's so adorable and can get away with it!