Friday, May 14, 2010

18 Months!

Guess who's one and a half today?


We started the day by going to Joel's doctor appointment for his 18 month check-up. We found out that Joel weighs 23 pounds and is 31 inches, both of which put him in the 20th percentile. When we brought Joel home he weighed 21 pounds and was in the 75th percentile. Now he has actually lost a few ounces since his 15 months check-up. At least I know why he's been wearing the same jeans for five months and why his shorts still fit from last summer! His ped isn't concerned or anything, it's just interesting how different things are now. Unfortunately Joel had to end the visit with three shots, but he handled them like the brave big boy that he is!

Next came the fun part of the day! We met up with Grandma and some friends at Blackberry Farm, a local pioneer village with wagon rides, a merry-go-round, animals, and an awesome train that circles the area. Joel had a great time!

Joel did enjoy the merry-go-round...despite the look on his face.

These ducklings were adorable!

Joel wasn't too sure about the train. He had this look for the whole ride.

Joel kept his eyes glued to the big tractor pulling the wagon the entire time.

Happy 18 months, Joel! We couldn't be happier to celebrate these special milestones as your parents. We love you!

21 comments:

Sandra said...

Happy 18 months! He is just so adorable. I'm glad he got to have some fun after the shots!
Also, thanks for giving me hope that my chunky monkey could slow down on his weight gain!

Cori said...

Happy 18 months, Joel. I LOVE the train face.

Kala said...

Happy 18 monthe Joel. He does a little uncertain about the train..too cute :)

Bekah said...

Happy 18 months Joel! It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! The picture of the "unsure face" on the train is priceless!

Colleen said...

Looks like a fun day! I just love the close-up shot of Joel on the train...beautiful!!

Noah goes to the doc in June when he turns 2...I'm curious to see his weight and height as he still fits in his clothes from last summer too! :)

Heidi and Jason said...

Happy 18 Months Joel!!! I love his face on the train. What a fun way to celebrate the day.

Kris said...

Happy 18 months to Joel! I love his train face too!! He's so cute.

Elizabeth Frick said...

Happy 18 months, Joel! What a cutie

Kimberly and Ed said...

Happy 18 months Joel! I am with everyone else, love Joel's expression on the train:-)

Megan said...

Happy 18 months! We love Blackberry Farm, what a fun way to celebrate!

Jenny said...

happy 18 months! joel's train face makes me laugh!!!

Janet said...

That place looks awesome. LOVE him in that hat. Happy 18 Months. I think little D has slipped a bit in his weight percentiles...not too worried...toddlers are so busy and on the go...I imagine they burn off a lot in a day.

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

Oh my... that train face is precious! Spencer had that look the first time on the train too... and, well, you know how he feels about them now! :-)

Happy 18 months Joel!

(And I so get the whole weight thing... S bounces around too)

kelly said...

Love the train look! Happy 18 months, you sweet little boy.

Kristen said...

Happy 18 months - can't think of a better place to celebrate than Blackberry Farm! I have Joel's train face when I ride that Merry-go-round, which of course is the boys' favorite and must be ridden 3 times in a row!

Amy said...

Happy 18 Months, Joel!

It looks like you had such a fun day. I'm with everyone else...his train face is hilarious! It's like he's saying, "Mom, what have you gotten me into?"

JoJo said...

Happy 18months to Joel!! I love the train pic.

sue said...

happy 18 months Joel! i'm a fan of the train face too! so cute!

Tracy said...

Happy 18 months!!

Krista said...

Happy 18 months! What a fun fun day!

Patti and Rick said...

He is so beautiful! Happy 18 months. What a wonderful blessing.