Although 2-4 seems like a long time, we have much to prepare! We have a high chair, a few clothes, the cute diaper bag I wanted that my wonderful husband bought me for Mother's Day, and lots of books for Joel. I have a feeling we might need just a few more things for our sweet baby. That's a good thing--the shopping and registering and decorating are the fun parts that I really love! I can't wait to start washing Joel's clothes, folding them and putting them in his dresser, stacking diapers, and painting his room. We have waited four years to prepare a room for our child, and we are so excited that the time has finally come! We'll keep you updated as we prepare for Joel Allen Hwan!
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Silly Us...
...we thought we were done with paperwork when we finished our home study! After we accepted our referral, this arrived in the mail:
Enclosed in our Child Acceptance paperwork packet were nine forms, two of which needed four originals, two that needed two originals, and six that had to be notarized. To make this even more difficult, no white-out was allowed! (I might have been a little tense when filling these out and I certainly did not hover over Travis when he so much as signed his name.) There was also a list of documents we needed to send with the forms. After many hours, lunch-time notary meetings, and late nights, we are done! Our paperwork was sent to our New York agency and they will send it to Korea tomorrow. From that point, we are told that travel will be anywhere from 2-4 months. We are waiting for legals from Korea, approval from immigration, and Joel's visa. Then we can bring our baby home!
Although 2-4 seems like a long time, we have much to prepare! We have a high chair, a few clothes, the cute diaper bag I wanted that my wonderful husband bought me for Mother's Day, and lots of books for Joel. I have a feeling we might need just a few more things for our sweet baby. That's a good thing--the shopping and registering and decorating are the fun parts that I really love! I can't wait to start washing Joel's clothes, folding them and putting them in his dresser, stacking diapers, and painting his room. We have waited four years to prepare a room for our child, and we are so excited that the time has finally come! We'll keep you updated as we prepare for Joel Allen Hwan!
Although 2-4 seems like a long time, we have much to prepare! We have a high chair, a few clothes, the cute diaper bag I wanted that my wonderful husband bought me for Mother's Day, and lots of books for Joel. I have a feeling we might need just a few more things for our sweet baby. That's a good thing--the shopping and registering and decorating are the fun parts that I really love! I can't wait to start washing Joel's clothes, folding them and putting them in his dresser, stacking diapers, and painting his room. We have waited four years to prepare a room for our child, and we are so excited that the time has finally come! We'll keep you updated as we prepare for Joel Allen Hwan!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I felt so good when we finished that paperwork! We are 4 weeks into our wait and that time flew by. 3-4 months will go by in a flash, I think.
Yay for being done! I agree with Joanna....this 1st month has flown by and I have SOOOOOO much to do! I think it also helps that it's Spring/Summer, which always puts me in a happy mood. :-)
congratulations again! i see some familiar faces here :) . your little Joel is just adorable and you will love traveling to Seoul!
sue
Post a Comment