Travis and I have been married four years. During my senior year of college, a mutual friend that I've known since grade school introduced us. We clicked from the first time we met, and the best thing I remember is that when he came to visit me at school, every time I opened the door and was enveloped in his arms, I felt like I was coming home. I still feel that way today.
I have a degree in Elementary Education, although I'm not currently teaching. When I did, though, I taught fifth and sixth grade at a Lutheran school. I loved teaching, and adored my students. I still think about many of them daily and am so grateful for the wonderful memories I have of them. For a number of reasons I took a break from teaching...I'd like to go back again, but we'll see what happens. I currently work part-time at the public library in the Interlibrary Loan office. I love working in a library with access to so many books and great people, but it's not what I want to do for the rest of my life.
Travis has been in the field of Heating and Air-Conditioning for about thirteen years, and two years ago, decided to start his own company, Pillar Heating and Air. The name comes from the Bible, I Timothy 3:15. "...You will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God's household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth." He wanted a name that stands for what he believes in, which is being honest and true to his customers. He also felt this was a great way to witness to people who ask where the name comes from, and has told this story to many people. Although owning a business has been hard at times, we have been so blessed.
We live in a smaller suburb of Chicago, in a duplex that has a beautiful view of undeveloped prairie from our back deck. We have a Golden Retriever named Nyla, who currently holds the status of "our baby." We enjoy going for bike rides (with Nyla, of course), playing SkipBo and Phase 10 (only if I win--if not, it's bad for everyone), spending time with friends, and sharing our lives together. Travis also likes to play video games, go fishing, and spend time with his twin brother, Trevor. I am interested in gardening, scrapbooking, horses, vegetarianism (I've been one for a year and a half now--still waiting for my husband!), and my favorite hobby in the world, reading.
Our faith in the Lord has brought us together and helped us through many tough times. Travis and I are members of a Lutheran mission church that was started in 2000. Travis is very involved and participates in set-up, the sound board, offering and communion, and break-down. He is also on the Management Team. I occasionally sing with the Praise Team or play the piano for the early service. There are a lot of wonderful people there, and we love our pastor and his wife. They have been an inspiration to us and everyone at our church.
I have a degree in Elementary Education, although I'm not currently teaching. When I did, though, I taught fifth and sixth grade at a Lutheran school. I loved teaching, and adored my students. I still think about many of them daily and am so grateful for the wonderful memories I have of them. For a number of reasons I took a break from teaching...I'd like to go back again, but we'll see what happens. I currently work part-time at the public library in the Interlibrary Loan office. I love working in a library with access to so many books and great people, but it's not what I want to do for the rest of my life.
Travis has been in the field of Heating and Air-Conditioning for about thirteen years, and two years ago, decided to start his own company, Pillar Heating and Air. The name comes from the Bible, I Timothy 3:15. "...You will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God's household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth." He wanted a name that stands for what he believes in, which is being honest and true to his customers. He also felt this was a great way to witness to people who ask where the name comes from, and has told this story to many people. Although owning a business has been hard at times, we have been so blessed.
We live in a smaller suburb of Chicago, in a duplex that has a beautiful view of undeveloped prairie from our back deck. We have a Golden Retriever named Nyla, who currently holds the status of "our baby." We enjoy going for bike rides (with Nyla, of course), playing SkipBo and Phase 10 (only if I win--if not, it's bad for everyone), spending time with friends, and sharing our lives together. Travis also likes to play video games, go fishing, and spend time with his twin brother, Trevor. I am interested in gardening, scrapbooking, horses, vegetarianism (I've been one for a year and a half now--still waiting for my husband!), and my favorite hobby in the world, reading.Our faith in the Lord has brought us together and helped us through many tough times. Travis and I are members of a Lutheran mission church that was started in 2000. Travis is very involved and participates in set-up, the sound board, offering and communion, and break-down. He is also on the Management Team. I occasionally sing with the Praise Team or play the piano for the early service. There are a lot of wonderful people there, and we love our pastor and his wife. They have been an inspiration to us and everyone at our church.

0 comments:
Post a Comment