For the last four weeks, we've been trying to "cocoon" Eli. We want him to acclimate to life here, adjust to his new surroundings, and attach to his new family. He's doing really well and showing lots of good attachment signs, so we are slowly introducing him to friends, family, and church. We still don't want to overwhelm yet, so we're doing lots of just hanging out. The boys are getting better about playing without too much upset, but there is still plenty of fighting, wrestling, biting, and hitting. :) I think this is normal with boys, though, right??
Even though the weather has been chilly, we try to get outside every day, either in the back yard or the park. The park is usually deserted, which is a plus. Eli loves to climb and tries to keep up with Joel, which usually results in lots of falls and owies.
Lots of time is spent inside playing, playing, and playing. Oh, and fighting. Did I mention that? Eli also loves cars and trains, so they are usually both zooming vehicles up and down the coffee table.
Life with two boys is very exhausting, but fun too! They are keeping us on our toes and making life interesting. :)
Thursday, November 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Four weeks was the peek of all the fighting in our house. (or maybe it was six weeks?!?!) It does get better!! I promise!!!
Its not just boys. M&A fought a lot, sometimes real conflict, sometimes just how they interacted. They still fight a lot - siblings! Glad to hear things are moving along. Hang in there . Going from 1 to2 kids was a hard adjustment for me!
Sounds like things are pretty normal for two little boys! Good idea to get outside everyday and how fun that you have the parks to yourself. Brrrrr, but fresh air is good for everyone :) Glad for the Eli update - he's looking good in these cute photos!
those little brothers try so hard to keep up with the big guys, huh?! fighting is so very normal! the only thing in that department that has changed for us, is how i handle it! ha!
so glad to see this update and see your boys playing together! i love seeing them in the sandbox together!
I'm pretty sure all brothers do things like fight and wrestle! Hopefully the true fighting will fade with time, along with the biting and wrestling. Sounds like you've been implementing a good cocooning plan. So happy to see more photos of Eli!
I remember getting out was so critical to ME when Spencer came home... glad to see you are getting some outdoor time too! And I think fighting is a good indicator of siblinghood! :-)
Boys fighting? Hmmmm, if memory serves, I was a little angel and my younger brother was always instigating something. Of course, he (and my Mom) might remember things differently.
I suppose there might be something in our ancestral roles, but it really boils down to: kids fight/wrestle/play hard. Just like puppies and kittens. Somebody usally ends up hurt (lightly, superficially) and/or crying, too.
The difference between boys and girls is that with boys, the fight ends when the physical fight ends. With girls, it never really ends.
Mom said more than once, she loves us all, but boys were a lot easier to raise than girls. Our minds are less complicated. OK, we're simple.
Best wishes from Donna and I.
Bob in Phoenix
That last photo is so precious! I'm glad you have been adjusting and settling into your family of four. Getting outside is still so important...I think it is good for them and us (and makes them tired, which is good).
Post a Comment