I belong to a very musical family. My dad plays the violin and the guitar, my mom the cello, piano, and organ, and I grew up playing the piano, clarinet, flute, and for a brief time the trumpet and french horn. The three of us also belonged to church choirs for as long as I can remember. Because of this, my parents are very interested in encouraging music for Joel as well. My mom wants to start him on the Suzuki method for violin when he turns three, which I think is a great idea. However, I'm not sure that Joel would. If it doesn't have wheels, he's not too interested. :) Joel loves to sing, though, and when he hears a song he wants to know what song it is. He frequently sings the three songs he knows: Twinkle, Twinkle, the ABCs, and Amazing Grace, and a few bits and pieces of some others. Yes, he knows Amazing Grace. Kind of unusual for a two year old, right? Travis has been singing that to him at night since he came home, and now he has it memorized. It's the sweetest thing in the world, and we just love hearing him sing this song.
So, is Joel going to pick up any of our musical talent? Well, we think he has a pretty good start!
Sunday, August 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Oh my goodness! That is so very cute and he is definitely very talented!
oh joel! you are so cute and sweet! i love his little voice. maybe you could put wheels on the violin ;).
ps. i had no idea you played so many instruments! you're so talented!
Oh how sweet! That tiny voice and so adorable. Thanks for sharing!
I cannot get enough of his sweet little voice! Gaugh! So cute! He and Spencer should get back together... with the exception of amazing grace, Spencer loves the same tunes! (And I want guitar lessons for Spencer.)
I can't get over the cuteness!! It's so cool that you have so much talent in your family, including you.
I've been waiting to watch these videos so I could enjoy them with Max. SO ADORABLE!! Oh Joel, you are such a good singer! I love it. My favorite part was Amazing Grace when he says "wetch like me" :) I didn't know you and your family was so musical. That is so neat!
He is just too precious!!!! I love his sweet little voice! He carries a tune very well for a 2 year old! I love the suggestion that you can just put wheels on the violin!!! lol
Post a Comment