Monday, May 23, 2011

Heat Wave

Earlier this month, we enjoyed a few days of 90 degree weather. What can you do in the middle of May when it's 90 degrees outside, 87 degrees inside, and the pool isn't open yet?

Have lots of fun with the hose outside, that's what!

We filled the lid of the sandbox with water and Joel worked very hard at dumping buckets of water into the sandbox and buckets of sand into the water.


Then we turned the hose on and Joel decided to wash his car.


Washing the car got pretty boring pretty fast. Joel discovered that spraying yourself and your dog with the hose is much more fun!


Thankfully there is no proof in photos of this, but Joel also thought it would be fun to dump a bucket of water down the slide while Mommy was sitting at the bottom.

We can't wait for more fun with water this summer!

15 comments:

Kris said...

I'm totally cracking up after reading Joel dumped water down the slide while you were sitting at the bottom - boys can be such stinkers! Looks like you made the most of the heat wave. These are such great photos!

Janet said...

What a blast! Sand + Water = a toddler mixture with no equal. Joel looks SO happy playing with all that water and spraying it all around. Oh come on...I could have LOVED to see him get you wet too...we've all been on the receiving end of that sort of thing...sometimes even indoors in the bathtub. Oops!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

The slide thing is hysterical!

Now, I'm completely jealous of your little heat wave! We're still in sweaters and fleeces here! Ugh. But, that hasn't stopped us from going crazy with the hose here either. Water play is one of Spencer's favorite past times!

Lastly, that last photo of Joel smiling is PRECIOUS!

JoJo said...

I'm sure Joel had a blast! Fun stuff...

Min said...

The look on his face with the hose is priceless! What fun!

Kari said...

Great post! So nice to finally play outside with water toys! They are so much fun!!!

kelly said...

I can't believe it was 90 degrees there! What a fun prelude to summer. From the looks of it, Joel had a blast with the hose (or, as Max would say, 'HO!') and I'm sure there will be lots more dumping water on mommy to come this summer - hey, I'm sure it cooled you off, right?!

IP Journey said...

Looks like he's having a great time! And I can imagine he thought it was too funny dumping water on mommy!

Grace said...

i LOVE this series of photos! joel looks like he's having a blast and i love the ones of him and the pup! what fun!

Patti and Rick said...

Awesome! Looks like so much fun.

Krista said...

That sounds hot! Great idea with the lid of the sand box... may have to use that. We are getting the heat this week - loving it!

Rach@In His Hands said...

Yay for summer fun! I started giggling when I saw the photos of Joel washing his car. Funny!

Kelly said...

I love summer fun outside! We have already been spending time at our neighborhood pool. Congratulations on getting your homestudy to Korea...so exciting!! :)

Kara said...

What a cute little guy! I love the sandbox lid idea! And whenever there is a little boy with water around...watch out!!!

Kimberly and Ed said...

Love all of the photos, especially the one of Joel washing his car:-)