Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Library Shower

My lovely co-workers at the library decided it would be nice to have a shower for Joel. We headed over last week, and had a great time! Joel had lots of fun meeting everyone, opening presents, and chewing on a box. I had fun talking with everyone and eating cake. Joel was offered his first french fry from McDonald's (no--I didn't let him!!) and lots of cake (no luck there either). We received some great presents, including a very generous Target gift card from a group of people, The Hat board book with a stuffed Hedgie, a cute photo frame, outfits, bibs, a hat and booties, and a beautiful handmade quilt. We were so overwhelmed by everyone's generosity! I did forget our camera (no big surprise there--I'm not used to packing for Joel yet when we go out and ususally forget something), so I don't have any pictures of the actual shower. Here's one of Joel looking at his new quilt.


On the way home, Joel fell asleep in the car. This is not usually a problem--if I put him in his crib right away he will go back to sleep. Well, silly mommy decided that he needed a new diaper first and that he didn't need to wear his overall onesie on top of his t-shirt onesie. By the time I finished changing him and taking his outfit off, he was screaming and did not go back to sleep for ONE HOUR. I didn't want to just let him be awake since we are trying to stick to a schedule, and he truly was tired. My back and arm were about to give out when he finally fell back asleep!!
Lesson learned: Put sleeping baby in crib and change diaper later!

1 comments:

Bekah said...

How very sweet of your co-workers! Love the "lesson learned" by the way! :)