Our immigration approval arrived in the mail today! Hooray! We knew it was coming--I emailed the USCIS office earlier in the week and was told it was processed last Monday. On Saturday morning, we were still in bed when we heard the mail truck. I was so anxious to see the letter that I almost made Travis go right outside in his boxers! I was even going to take a picture to post here. I didn't think you all would appreciate that, though. And neither would he! :) So I refrained and let him put some pants on, first.
We celebrated the rest of the day by eating at IHOP (I know, not very celebratory, but I just had my wisdom teeth removed and pancakes seemed like a good choice!) and going to Osh Kosh and buying Joel some new clothes. I also finished piecing his quilt--I'll post pictures soon!
We're now on the last step of our journey. There is more paperwork to be completed for Joel in Korea and his visa needs to be processed. Our time frame right now is 4-6 weeks for our travel call!!! So hard to believe that in such a short time we will be landing in our son's birth country and meeting him for the first time. We can't wait! Praise God for the completion of this step!
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Congrats....it sounds like your getting really close!
Great news! So exciting you guys are so close :)
Wow!
I can't believe you'll be there in a month!! That is so amazing.
We're excited to see that 1st family photo :)
That's great news!!! I hope we get ours this week.
We are so happy for you two! Your happy is in our prayers! How long will you be there when you pick up Joel???
Post a Comment