Sunday, February 10, 2013

Happy Seollal!

We celebrated Seollal, the Korean Lunar New Year, this weekend. We kept our tradition of dinner with our friends at our favorite celebratory restaurant. As always, bi-bim-bop, mandu, and bulgogi were consumed in large quantities.







Today we had a yummy Korean dinner and dressed the boys in their hanboks. I wasn't too sure how that would go over, but they were both surprisingly happy to be wearing them, and we got some cute photos. Eli's hanbok was worn on his first birthday, and Joel's hanbok was given to him by Eli's foster family, so they are both very special.






Happy Seollal! May you receive many blessings in this year of the snake!

3 comments:

Krista said...

Happy Seollal! Hope the year of the snake is good to you!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

Happy Seollal!!! I absolutely ADORE the photos of the boys in their hanboks!

kelly said...

Happy (late) Seollal to you guys! I really love all those cute photos of your boys in their 'boks!