Here's the post you've all been waiting for! We know you've been filled with curiosity since you read the first one. :)
Our two chosen names are...
Joel Allen
Naomi Faith
Why did we choose these names? After a lot of thought and consideration, we decided that Joel is a very strong sounding name, and we love the meaning--the Lord is God. Since Christ is the center of our family, we want to raise our son to love the Lord with all of his heart, soul, and mind. The name Allen is special for two reasons. First of all, it is Travis's middle name. Secondly, it was also the middle name of our child's grandfather. Travis's father passed away about twenty years ago, and we would love to honor him by giving our son the same middle name.
Naomi is a name that I have always loved. After rereading the story of Naomi and Ruth in the Bible, I loved it even more. Naomi loses her husband and her two sons and is heartbroken, but through it all she is obedient to the Lord and acts very selflessly towards her daughter-in-laws. Our goal is to raise our child to be obedient to the Lord and to put others first. The name Faith is my mother's first name and my middle name. My mother has waited so patiently for her first grandchild, and we can think of nothing better than to honor her (and our child) with the name Faith. We also, of course, love the meaning of the name!
We do realize the possibility that we will change our minds before the baby comes home. (Okay, if I'm honest, according to Travis it's just me that will have a change of mind. Apparently I do that a lot!) We may also decide to use some variation of our child's Korean name. But for right now, these are the names we've chosen for our beloved baby!
Monday, February 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Great choices! Joel is such a strong name. I have always loved Faith and Hope for girls.
Love love love the names you guys have chosen and the reasons for them! :)
I Love the names your have choosen!
You*
I LOVE the names you have chosen and the reasons behind them are touching too!
Post a Comment